Sheath for the Behemoth? Gauging interest

Do you want a sheath offered for the BC?

• Total voters

Jo the Machinist

We are pretty close to the 100 blade orders Nathan said it would take to consider getting a sheath commissioned. For those of you who have made a pre-order, are you interested in a sheath being offered?

I’d be interested in a sheath as an option. As I probably wouldn’t need more than one. Just can’t see myself swinging two of these at once lol :)

Leather would be my number 1 choice which is of course a custom and “aftermarket” option for those of us who are interested. However I would really like to see what MashedCat would be able to present for a kydex sheath option. Implementing the leg strap loops into the design for a kydex sheath on a knife of this size is very crucial for me as a user, something which was missing from the LC sheath arrangement.

P.S. as much as I love Grog and his work, I know that he will still get plenty of orders for leather sheaths on a production BC although he doesn’t really seem to like making much money :p

if you want to see these knives used, a sheath being included will help that happen, even if it's nothing more than a kydex evelope

if you want to see these knives used, a sheath being included will help that happen, even if it's nothing more than a kydex evelope

I had shipped out my proto-BC to Grog to have a sheath made for myself plus 4-5 other CPK'ers. Of course I had to repackage it after I had received it from Jo and I gotta tell Ya that was a major pain in the derrière to have that literally behemoth thang secured just for that transport purpose alone! Even when it came from Jo, two of the zip-tie straps around the blade were sliced through because of its movement during transit. Case in point, I totally agree with Ya ;)

Depends on the design, material, and cost. Not that interested in something that would cost more than $50, especially if kydex.

trevitrace trevitrace sent me his BC to try out and it was in a Chuddy Bear sheath. Man, I really loved that sheath!

I was surprised how well the BC fit in there considering it was made for another knife. I'm a big fan of kydex, but there's just something about a well made leather sheath I find pleasing.

I was surprised how well the BC fit in there considering it was made for another knife. I'm a big fan of kydex, but there's just something about a well made leather sheath I find pleasing.

Especially that one! I'm holding out for the medium chopper when it gets released and I want a sheath just like yours for it!

thanks for asking, Jo! Mashed Cat, please. although ill go for any kydex thats solid, functional, a value, and saves me the shipment rerouting hassle/expense. unfortunately leather (my true preference, and this knife sure deserves it) isnt practical for me because its way too wet out here. id think including sheaths would also lighten up yalls shipping headache a bit, no?

This is a rare case where I will say yes to a kydex, Mashed cat or Kiahdex, please as I plan to mount the kydex, and also plan to have a Sagewood belt loop with a leg strap for using it. So I vote Eric as well. It's not critical to me, as I will be ordering one either way.

Back