Sheath making tutorial(Pic intensive)

Thanks for this informative tutorial. I have learned a lot from this, mostly: You do great work and I could never top this. I do not have the time, patience, fine motor skill, equipment and most of all money to make a quality sheath. Also, I don't have the space to do it in. I really just wanted to take a few days, maybe a week, to make a sheath because the one I got with the knife really sucks. So, for me, making my own seemed easy at first, but after reading this tutorial I realized I cannot do this and expect the sheath to be of any great quality. I will be purchasing a sheath from a professional. That way I can guarantee the sheath will work and serve my purpose. Lastly I don't have to sell all that crap I bought after I'm done making the sheath. I never intended for this sheath making process to become a burden to my wallet or a hobby. I always hated leather work as a scout because.....well, I just sucked at it.

Thanks for enlightening me.

All the best!!

Thank for all the help Through all the help & ideas I got from this site & the suppliers on the net. Here is what I have come up with.

Thank for all the help Through all the help & ideas I got from this site & the suppliers on the net. Here is what I have come up with.

Fantastic! I'm glad you brought this back up! :D

I'll get this thread URL in the tutorials sticky if its not there already.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial. I'm just starting making canes, walking sticks, and assembling knives. I learned a lot about sheet making. I have a sheath kit I need to assemble. This post is just what I needed before I tackle the kit, though it is a simple one.

Back