Sheath mechanic

I was just about to order a VTAC sheath from the Sheath Mechanic and it appears he is only filling existing orders. Does anyone know if this is temporary or is he done making sheaths?

Give him a call. I got a sheath for a pair of knives from him last year. If my memory serves me, this is a very busy time of year in their shop. Maybe the hold on new orders is due to a lengthening back log that they wanted to clear up. Anyway, I'd give them a call to see if they will be taking new orders anytime in the near future.

I was looking for a sheath just after Christmas for my VTAC, and I found this. Directly from his website:

Updated December 29, 2006

Welcome to the Sheath Mechanic Shopping Cart. We have been full time high quality fabricators from 2003 to present. Specializing in custom Kydex for Military, Law Enforcement, Outdoorsmen, Retailers and Manufacturers.

Please note that I am now a one man shop. I am no longer taking any orders for custom or standard line Kydex. This includes the popular LaGana sheath.
SM is going down to part time status as I go back into my former vocation as my family is expecting another child next year. I will be updating the website over the next few months as to the direction which we are going with SM.

In the next week I will be filling ALL preexisting orders from 2006. Due to personal illness for most of November (pneumonia) and a sincere passion to see soldiers receiving their products before prompt deployment dates, unfortunately I am very tardy in some orders. Those orders are my sole focus at this point and (again) I regret that I will not be taking any new orders at this time.

I am very thankful for the opportunity to have served folks. My family and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year (!) and give sincere thanks to all those whom have supported us over the last 4 years.

Depending on which career path he chooses, SM may be a thing of the past in the next few months. We'll have to wait and see.

I wish he and his family all the best.

I've seen survival sheath before, I don't know why I didn't think to look. But now that I try to get on their site I get some kind of error.

Check with David Brown at Buy Brown. If he does not have them alreay made he will make one for you.

Spoke to Desiree the other day. No new orders at the present time.

Anybody heard from Dave or Desiree at Sheath Mechanic? Now, I'm not getting any return calls from them.

Man, I got my BattleShip Grey Lagana Sheath right before he stopped making them... :D

My K5 Sheath has a busted mounting screw for the Tek-Lok that I need to replace. Local HW store doesn't have crap... :thumbdn:

Man, I got my BattleShip Grey Lagana Sheath right before he stopped making them... :D

My K5 Sheath has a busted mounting screw for the Tek-Lok that I need to replace. Local HW store doesn't have crap... :thumbdn:

Do a Google search for Chicago screws. You should be able to find something online.

Blade-Tek (who makes the TEK LOC) has a hardware kit they sell for the TEK LOC that contains all the pieces...I have found all the components from a local fastener store...the rubber washers are from lowes in the the plumbing dept.......

Thanks for the info guys... Blade-Tek want ridiculous money to ship. Gonna hunt around for a few options before I resort to them...

Check around for a Tandy Leather store. They have 'em. They're online too.

Also, usually GOOD shoe repair/leather repair places will have them.

Looking for a VTAC Sheath???..check out the ones I make ( Rapid Deployment Sheaths) at www.deploymentsolutions.com. I have dozens of these in Afganistan, Iraq, and the US. Started making them about 3 months ago. Have gotten great reviews. Let me know if I can help. I also can send you the screws for the Tek-Lok. I use a Molle-Lok system for attachment on the sheaths, but have screws and posts.

Back