Sheath question for TGLB

So my credit card just got dinged for my very first Busse Combat knife (longtime SYKCO owner)
This TGLB will be a user and I am thinking of a Spec-Ops sheath for it.
My question is other than the pouch what is the difference between the Combat Master and the Basic sheath?

My main concern is does one have better knife retention than the other?

I will be mostly wearing the knife on my belt.
I will be using it hiking, riding a quad and truck(getting in and out of truck wearing knife)

Thanks

There really is not much difference in the two sheaths just a few little cosmetics. Knife Retention is exactly the same Bro!!! I have a number of Spec-Ops both short and long sheaths they wear great and can be cleaned up quit easily.

I have the master; it's a fine sheath; retention is secured by the strap with the snap. I've used it and it is quite good. Ultimately I went with leather... and loved it.

Azwelke makes a kydex fitted to the tglb to replace the plastic piece that comes with the sheath. You could also just heat up the existing plastic and try to form it to the knife on your own. With either way it will help with retention of the knife without using the sheath strap. I would lean towards azwelke's for better retention.

Coyotebc,
Basic aside from belt loops and the eyelet/leg retention cord and has only 3 webbing strips on the front and that's all, and the insert is fixed in place by the eyelet.
Combat Master has Mole compatible webbing running the length of the blade portion of the sheath on the back, eyelets on the edges of the sheath, and a screw holding the plastic insert, and then the pouch.
CM version has a few more easy attachement options than the basic model

I had good results in heating the kydex on this sheath using boiling water. Was able to custom fit (especially the opening), to hold my TGLB with just the retention I wanted...Good Luck...Cheers.

The SpecOp sheaths are great. I have used both with no issues. I have pretty much switched over to the master cause I like having the pouch but both get the job done just fine.

Garth

Well I ordered the combat Master today
Now I have to wait and see which gets here first

Back