Recommendation? SHEATH STORAGE - SHOW ME

Hale Storm

Kydex Whisperer
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey BF.

Maybe a weird question but I was wondering how everyone stores their sheaths?
Knives are no problem. We all know (most of us) not to store our blades in the sheath, especially carbon steels.
I keep my folders in a multidrawer acrylic box organized by size and type,etc. with a dessicant in the bottom drawer.
My fixed blades are almost all hung on heavy duty magnet strips bolted to some nice wood panels in nice neat rows and kept oiled as needed.

The sheaths however, are a different story. The folder sheaths and pocket slips are basically piled in a drawer (all are made of leather). The fixed blade sheaths (some leather, wood, and kydex) are literally in a pile on a shelf in the closet.

I was wondering if any of you had storage ideas and more importantly do you have pics of a way that you store your sheaths, like a rack or something?
I was thinking of a wall mounted "rack" type system where I could hang the sheaths in rows based on size, etc. and maybe some sort of divided small shelf at the bottom for the slips that have no loop to hang them with.

Before I design and build my own, I'd like to see what is out there and how you guys store all of your sheaths.

Any and all ideas are welcome and as always, the more pics the better, except not the drawers and piles which I already have. :D

Thanks in advance BF.

Hey BF.

Maybe a weird question but I was wondering how everyone stores their sheaths?
Knives are no problem. We all know (most of us) not to store our blades in the sheath, especially carbon steels.
I keep my folders in a multidrawer acrylic box organized by size and type,etc. with a dessicant in the bottom drawer.
My fixed blades are almost all hung on heavy duty magnet strips bolted to some nice wood panels in nice neat rows and kept oiled as needed.

The sheaths however, are a different story. The folder sheaths and pocket slips are basically piled in a drawer (all are made of leather). The fixed blade sheaths (some leather, wood, and kydex) are literally in a pile on a shelf in the closet.

I was wondering if any of you had storage ideas and more importantly do you have pics of a way that you store your sheaths, like a rack or something?
I was thinking of a wall mounted "rack" type system where I could hang the sheaths in rows based on size, etc. and maybe some sort of divided small shelf at the bottom for the slips that have no loop to hang them with.

Before I design and build my own, I'd like to see what is out there and how you guys store all of your sheaths.

Any and all ideas are welcome and as always, the more pics the better, except not the drawers and piles which I already have. :D

Thanks in advance BF.

Just a thought -

How about one of those shoe organizers that hang on the back of your door? May not be applicable depending on where you store everything but my little cubby is right next to the door. Seems like it would fit sheaths nicely.

Just a thought -

How about one of those shoe organizers that hang on the back of your door? May not be applicable depending on where you store everything but my little cubby is right next to the door. Seems like it would fit sheaths nicely.

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, my wife has already confiscated the back of any doors in and around the closet for her "shoes", of which she has way too many.
Oh wait, I take that back. If she reads this, she'll say I have way too many knives........

Back