Sheath to Accommodate Piggyback of Smaller Knife…What Options Do I Have?

Hey all.
I have 2 big bladed knives, the standard KaBar and a Becker BK7. I really like both. For things I do, I usually don’t need a blade as big as these 2 have. Granted, there are times when they do come in quite handy.

What I’d like to do is get a sheath for either of my big knives that will allow me to lash a smaller knife in its sheath to the larger one. I think some knife guys refer to it as piggybacking. The Bark River owners do it quite often as their sheaths have holes to facilitate it.

For the smaller blade I am thinking something like a Becker Necker, a MORA, Marttiini, or some other 3-31/2 inch blade. That size comes in handy for cleaning small game and fish.

Of course I also have a Buck 110 lock blade with the small pouch that comes with it. Maybe I can fit my 110 in the front pocket of the sheath for the BK7. I haven’t tried it yet to see if it would fit. Maybe that knife would be a better choice for what I’m asking about than a smaller fixed blade in a sheath that will be attached to the big knife sheath.

Just thinking out loud and preparing for camping and hunting this fall.

Has anyone else done something like this or thought about it? Please post pics if you have any.
Any thoughts? What sheath could I get to do something like this?

Feel free to give advice or suggestions. I can use all the knowledge I can get!!

have a good weekend.
BD

there are several custom sheath makers who offer this in kydex - I'm not sure about leather.
first one that comes to mind is azwelke azwelke , since he posts in the BK&T forum occasionally.

Doesn’t your BK7 sheath have a spot for a Remora?

I had a factory Buck 110 sheath stitched onto my 124 sheath.

Back