Sheath with carving

My first time carving on a sheath; I heeded Paul Long's advice about taking some classes at the local Tandy store, and the hands on instruction helped a tremendous amount. I've got some more skills to build, but I'm happy with this one as my first attempt. 28472151_464900657257796_8644919832770248704_o.jpg #2.jpg

Last edited:
Amy can I make a suggestion on the edging?

So I'd suggest moving your stitching line in just a hair so you can use the next size up edger. This will help avoid what happened there on your edge near the carving where it was kinda round and then folded over the stitching and then just below that gets straight. To get that folder over deal you've got some excess leather. This idea might be worth a try for ya.

So I'd suggest moving your stitching line in just a hair so you can use the next size up edger. This will help avoid what happened there on your edge near the carving where it was kinda round and then folded over the stitching and then just below that gets straight. To get that folder over deal you've got some excess leather. This idea might be worth a try for ya.

I've been scratching my head for awhile, as to why sometimes I get that on the edge, and sometimes not. Never occurred to me that maybe a one up size edger (and changing the stitch line slightly) would do the trick. Thanks so much for help!

I would've been one happy camper if my first carving had come out looking that good. Nice work!

Back