Sheepdog question

Does the Sheepdog have a comfortable and SECURE grip in RGEI (reverse grip edge in)?

Just checked my Sheepdog. By RGEI (I am not a tactical guy) I assume you mean blade exiting your hand by your little finger, not index finger and the edge facing back at you rather than out and away?

I find that the built in guard/choil at the blade will dig into the heel of your palm badly making it nearly impossible to hold well in this manner. However, if you rotate the blade to the right (assuming a right hand grip) you can have that choil.guard hook around your heel/palm and edge now rotated about 45 deg to the right and have a very secure grip. If it was rotated to the left the grip is not secure at all and I feel I have no control over the knife.

Just checked my Sheepdog. By RGEI (I am not a tactical guy) I assume you mean blade exiting your hand by your little finger, not index finger and the edge facing back at you rather than out and away?

I find that the built in guard/choil at the blade will dig into the heel of your palm badly making it nearly impossible to hold well in this manner. However, if you rotate the blade to the right (assuming a right hand grip) you can have that choil.guard hook around your heel/palm and edge now rotated about 45 deg to the right and have a very secure grip. If it was rotated to the left the grip is not secure at all and I feel I have no control over the knife.

I tried mine out, and agree 100 percent with what you said.

Back