Sheeple knife

Emerson Super Commander, part serrated, black blade...with a big skull bead lanyard...maybe some dried blood and/or entrails to boot.

Hi, i am looking into buying a true sheeple knife. i need a knife that i can lend out when someone needs a knife that is sheeple friendly. Because i am lending it out i need a knife that is sturdy, with no pocket clip, no lock. I wan't to carry it loose in my pocket and not overly expensive. I need it because i carry a ZT200 or Military as my primary knife and i don't want to wip it out and scare the sheeple. Any suggestion?
I know the whole "I don't lend out knives" thing
Get a Multitool or a SAK. It's a knife you can whip out in front of anyone and nobody would even care.
I carry a Bund SAK that has a buggered up blade, but I paid almost nothing for it. However, I do make sure I know what they're cutting before I give it to them.

Either of these would suffice - a Vic Cadet and an L.T. Wright Patriot:

I whip both of those out many times every day and have yet to scare the sheeple...

19-skeletool-cx.jpg

154cm one hand opener with liner lock. Super light weight. Pocket clip, Carabiner. Changeable bits. Someone makes a weird face about the blade just shrug and say it's pliers.

You could get a Texas toothpick it is as small or smaller then a SD classic SAK and would fit in the coin pocket of some jeans. Beautiful and useful for most EDC tasks.

I have a small 3 blade Case which normally resides in my change pocket. Need to look for a "squeak"

I just got this for my sister. So far, everyone that's played with it loves it. "It's so cute!"

17175511772_781571bdf8_z.jpg

It's the Squeak. Has a pocket clip, but would be fine without it. It's actually got enough handle to get a good purchase on it, too.

There's no such thing as a sheeple knife. If a person is afraid of one knife, they're afraid of all knives. Forget about them and get what you want.

Not true. They all use "huge" knives in the kitchen. :D They aren't scared of those.

Why no lock blade? My experience is that inexperienced people are more likely to hurt themselves with a slip joint because they aren't used to folders. There are lots of people friendly lockers that would fit the bill.

I agree with this and for that reason my second knife right now is a Spyderco Dragonfly. I think most people know how to operate a lockback knife these days and it is safer to use. There are plenty of low priced lockback knives available in that size range.

I am in a more knife-friendly area than some of our members. I carry knives up to and including a Spyderco Military. I have pulled out my Manix 2 in front of other people to cut some tough meat and nobody said a thing. The Military might be a different story but I'm always considering where I am and who is around when I have to pull out and use a knife.

Right now I use a small stockman (34ot or a Buck 303) as my loaner knife, but I just got my first Leatherman (used Super Tool) after years of using crappy multitools, so that will probably become my loaner knife, since I'm guessing it won't ever leave my side :D

Vic SAK, no question about it.

I work in a medical office and have a Victorinox Mechanic and a Gerber EAB in my office bag. RFP normally has a US made Kershaw Zing or a Wenger Standard Issue. Never had a problem with any of them. I have carried a Griptillian and a CRKT M16 tanto at work but I will admit they were a little over the top. The neat thing is that the Docs don't care what I carry.:D

Last edited:
Why no lock blade? My experience is that inexperienced people are more likely to hirt themselves with a slip joint because they aren't used to folders. There are lots of people friendly lockers that would fit the bill. Maybe a smaller Opinel?

This brings up the safety point - there is some danger in lending a knife that the inexperienced user could hurt themselves. If this were to happen(and hopefully not) it could bring policy changes that could effect all knife carriers in the workplace. Just food for thought-I work from home and can carry a machete all day if I choose, so none of this really effects me.

Swiss Army. I saw MacGyver defused a Nuke the other day with a SAK. It's accepted by the Sheeple Leader and his Sheeple.

Hi, i am looking into buying a true sheeple knife. i need a knife that i can lend out when someone needs a knife that is sheeple friendly. Because i am lending it out i need a knife that is sturdy, with no pocket clip, no lock. I wan't to carry it loose in my pocket and not overly expensive. I need it because i carry a ZT200 or Military as my primary knife and i don't want to wip it out and scare the sheeple. Any suggestion?

you lost me right away, with the 'loan it out' aspect of the thread.

SAK all the way. They are recognized as tools from MacGyver and are sold all over the place.

That's easy! A SAK and/or an Opinel!

A Victorinox if you want to have more options than solely a knife. An Opinel if you want to have a superior cutter and a sheeple-friendly locking mechanism anyway (in terms of raw cutting ability nothing beats the thin full convex grind of an Opinel).

Back