Sheeps foot griptilian with hollow grind

WHICH ONE SLICES BETTER,hollow grind griptilian or newer version with saber grind and sheeps foot blade?I still have chance to get older version in 154cm.

Hollow grind is often underrated IMO.

Can depend on what you are slicing, but because a hollow grind can stay thinner further up on the height of the blade than a saber grind within the same space, I would anticipate better overall cutting performance from a hollow grind.

There are no hard and fast rules, but the grip makes a good slicer. I think you might find a side by side difference between the two grip styles, but not sure. I do know it slices better than some hollows I've had, it really depends on how aggressive the hollow is.

Get it - you won't regret it, unless you don't - then it disappears forever!

I managed one of each - grip and mini - HG SF before they were gone.

Fwiw, I find my hollow-ground SF 550 to slice really well - much better than my other BMs (940, North Fork) which are saber-ground.

The hollow grind will slice much better. 154cm is also the preferred steel in that knife, so buy while you can.

I loved my hollow-ground mini-grip but sold it thinking I would get a different steel mini-grip from the custom shop, not realizing the rest were flat ground.

I think the thin stock on the mini-grip will slice well, but the hollow grind made it a laser. I do think it dulled pretty quick but a few passes on the strop and you're good to go again.

I love hollow grinds on folders and prefer them to all other grinds as i use knives to cut.They cut and slice and get sharper easier than any other grind.Will get this mini grip in hollow,and am thinking of getting standard size too,and 154cm is plenty good for me,not really worse than s30v,theyre almost same

Back