Sheep's foot is technically reverse drop point

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blade metal removed from a theoretically rectangular blade. Or if you like the deviation from parralel.

The deviation of any part of the blade from parallel is 99.9999999999% the edge/belly not the spine.

Still have no idea what you're getting at. A sheepsfoot has a parallel spine and edge for most of the blade length, except where the spine curves down to meet the edge. A drop point may also have parallel spine and edge for a bit, but at some point the spine curves down to meet the upsweep of the edge. A textbook drop point would have the point aligned with the centerline of the blade/handle, but many have the point a bit higher.

The blade metal removed from a theoretically rectangular blade. Or if you like the deviation from parralel.

Are you asking why a sheeps foot flipped upside down isn’t a drop point?

A drop point is called that because the spine lowers to meet the edge thereby “dropping” the point lower.

Here is a Bob Loveless style DROP POINT knife. Notice how the spine is not completely straight?

dklv-13dpgc.jpg

Better yet why not type “drop point knife” in google images and see what you get.

Still have no idea what you're getting at. A sheepsfoot has a parallel spine and edge for most of the blade length, except where the spine curves down to meet the edge. A drop point may also have parallel spine and edge for a bit, but at some point the spine curves down to meet the upsweep of the edge. A textbook drop point would have the point aligned with the centerline of the blade/handle, but many have the point a bit higher.

Pretty much my point.

To me the drop point is how the belly changes direction to meet the spine.

You seem to be implying the spine changes direction to meet the edge...Not valid.

To me "birds" are carpets in the shape of Willy Wonka's left shoe...

"Hi, I haven't looked up the definition of any if these terms or the history of the knives to which they're attributed, but I'm still going to argue with the establishment about their use and meaning! I R SMRT!"

Go find a bridge, troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back