Sheepsfoot or Wharncliffe with curvature

Hi all,

For my modern folders, I really like the edge line with a constant curvature, like that on Spyderco PM2, for example.
I would like to know traditional slip joint knives with this kind of edge profile.

Benchmade Proper comes to my mind, but I prefer something more traditional.
Lionsteel Otnat is very close.

Please let me know if you know other options.

Check out any zulu spear pattern such as case tribal lockback.

Good suggestion!

I do like the pattern and am chasing them.
But many of them seem to have a large straight portion rather than a constant curvature.

In some pictures, Case Tribal lock looks like having a constant curve, but in some others, it looks more like the drop/clip point edge line.
I would prefer the original Tribal Spear but may try the available back lock version at some point.
Thanks.

Some kind of Half Hawkbill Pruner? I have a GEC 56 single blade like this but can't access my pix at the moment.

You mean an edge like this, or are you thinking of something pointier? There are traditional leaf-shaped blades, but I'm still on my first coffee of the day and can't think of the name. :oops:
4q3diK2.jpg

Leaf blade is a wonderful thing, as seen on a few European Traditionals and Moderns too, offers a lot and I'm a big fan of that Castor too, a well made durable and pleasing knife.

Like these?

45591176384_b4fb0d498f_c.jpg

12680698513_f55971c965_c.jpg

Yes. Something like these.
That Ohta knife would be perfect with little more acute curve.

You mean an edge like this, or are you thinking of something pointier? There are traditional leaf-shaped blades, but I'm still on my first coffee of the day and can't think of the name. :oops:
4q3diK2.jpg

This one looks great.
Only if it is with a more traditional look.
Is it called a "traditional leaf blade"?

Yes. Something like these.
That Ohta knife would be perfect with little more acute curve.

This one looks great.
Only if it is with a more traditional look.
Is it called a "traditional leaf blade"?
I'm not sure what the Boker's blade is called, maybe a modified sheepfoot? I'd say the Aitor Castor is more of a traditional leaf blade.

Thanks for the clarification, r8shell r8shell .

I am not sure about the Boker either.
They would just call it a Wharncliffe or sheepsfoot in a modern knife community.

4q3diK2.jpg

Disregard, it's the Boker Cox.

Last edited:
Did you ever remember the name of that Boker? Now I'm curious.
Oh yes, the knife is a Boker Cox Slim Slipjoint designed by Jens Anso. I meant that I don't know if there's a traditional name for that blade shape.

Back