Sheepsfoot Slipjoint

T.Knotts

debsSJ_jpg lowres.jpg

All finished. This one is for the wife. She picked out the handle material a few years ago at a knife show and I finally got around to putting it on a knife. The handle is a stabilized burl, bolsters, pins and liners are Nickel Silver. The blade is O1 and riding on a bronze pivot bushing. Overall length if 5 7/8" and measures 3 1/4" when closed. I'll have to remember to take a picture a year from now, after its been riding in a purse and has been bounced around with keys, change and what not. Comments and Critiques always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Thanks! This was the first time I used a bushing for the pivot and I really like it. I think this has about the best action of any I've made so far.

Mate-Sensational. The sheep foot is one of my favorite blades. Will look forward to seeing it in 1 years time . Show it to us next thanksgiving. You should be very proud with your work my friend. Have a good weekend, and remember next thanksgiving.;):cool::thumbsup:

cudgee cudgee thanks for the compliments. I just sat a reminder for next year. IF it hasn't been lost in the Netherland of at least a half dozen SAK that I've given her over the years it will be a true Christmas miracle lol.

cudgee cudgee thanks for the compliments. I just sat a reminder for next year. IF it hasn't been lost in the Netherland of at least a half dozen SAK that I've given her over the years it will be a true Christmas miracle lol.
Miracles do occasionally happen.o_O

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak Pinemoon Pinemoon . Thanks I think the burl is birch but can't say 100% because the tag was gone. I hadn't worked with stabilized wood in a while and forgot how much I liked it lol. My brain always plays weird tricks. Even though I was wearing a respirator I could swear that red wood dust was giving off a strawberry nesquik smell. When I work with African Blackwood I smell Cocoa Pebbles cereal.... wonder if I should get checked out? Lol.

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak Pinemoon Pinemoon . Thanks I think the burl is birch but can't say 100% because the tag was gone. I hadn't worked with stabilized wood in a while and forgot how much I liked it lol. My brain always plays weird tricks. Even though I was wearing a respirator I could swear that red wood dust was giving off a strawberry nesquik smell. When I work with African Blackwood I smell Cocoa Pebbles cereal.... wonder if I should get checked out? Lol.
That's too funny, Cocobolo smells like some kind of spice to me, maybe paprika?

Haha!
Yeah, I wonder if working with stabiized spruce/pinecone would smell like Honey Combs o_O
You probably just need to eat more often when you're working man :)

Haha!
Yeah, I wonder if working with stabiized spruce/pinecone would smell like Honey Combs o_O
You probably just need to eat more often when you're working man :)
Lol honey Combs.
I like your thoughts. I figured it meant I ate way to many sweets as a kid.

Back