• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

Sir, you stated,
"The temp ban blocked me from viewing anything and everything relating to the forums. I couldn't see messages, threads, tags, nothing. I couldn't see or reply to anything. So I didn't see it or have the ability to respond to it until the 2nd of this month."

My question was simple. Didn't you start a second profile here before then that would allow you to do the very things you just stated you could not do?

Revdevil.

I emailed you the tracking numbers and numbered them to make googling them easier.

On number 3 Its missing a 0. So the last 6 numbers are 0000 69.

Everyone should take a giant step back right now and let this play out in whatever way it will end up. By stirring the pot, you really are not helping matters. There i no new revelations being posted, no new information, nothing helpful being added. What is happening is a whole bunch of crap that is going to get people trolling infractions. This isn't my first rodeo folks, give it a rest.

Rev you've got a mountain of patience, most other communities I've frequented the mods would've thrown down some sort of banhammer or !mute/ignore function by now.

Rev you've got a mountain of patience, most other communities I've frequented the mods would've thrown down some sort of banhammer or !mute/ignore function by now.
I take no pleasure in ruining someone's hobby, income stream, whatever; but I cannot allow people to get the run around for months on end without some accountability. Is it easier to ban someone? Yes, it's much easier to be done with it and move on, I'm not about the easy way though. I want to know WTF is going on and what the hold up is. I"d want someone to help me that way if I were in the same boat.

Rev you're doing a great job and this was the right call. If a vendor gets bannef it's not likely to help a forum member get right with their situations. Cooler heads prevail!

Rooting for Shepherd and Ketchum too on these situations to get back to right with their businesses.

I take no pleasure in ruining someone's hobby, income stream, whatever; but I cannot allow people to get the run around for months on end without some accountability. Is it easier to ban someone? Yes, it's much easier to be done with it and move on, I'm not about the easy way though. I want to know WTF is going on and what the hold up is. I"d want someone to help me that way if I were in the same boat.
I agree, Shepard here deserves some sort of shot at redemption. I was more referring to the overtly inflammatory posts that, I think, formed a few of this thread's pages.

Lifeferung, I agree. If it continues, I hope it does not come as a shock then the attention gets refocused on them instead of the issue at hand. Those people taking liberties with assumptions about what's happening and such need to step off and let us handle this. Especially those that are not directly involved are the most opinionated. I'm all for people stating their peace, but after a while those lookey-loos get might annoying.

Revdevil there was only ever one person in here complaining about not getting their scale. He wanted a refund and that happened after this was opened almost 2 months ago.
I'm caught up on all my orders. On schedule and everyone has been properly updated as to progress as promised.
I said I would be better and I'm sticking to it.
Also as I said before, everyone that has something good to say has been attacked in this thread so they have been staying away from it. Not because they aren't happy, because they very much are, but because they don't want the aggravation.
I've gotten lots of emails of how happy they are and I'd be happy to send it to you privately if you'd like. But again I'm not going to post it here for them to be harassed by the few bad eggs allowed to continuous harass people for having nice things to say about my services.

Last edited:
Eric, no offense, but I would like to hear from these people. It will help dissolve that black thunderhead cloud that is following you around.

There was only one unsatisfied customer here that wanted a refund. He got it. 64 dollars back to his account. I didn't collect his knife nor the full amount. I collected and returned half payment for an item that was finished and he no longer wanted.

I send over 30 tracking numbers to you of delivered items for the last month.
I can send you screenshots of happy emails and of another 20 tracking numbers.

I'm a good man who's always tried to do right.

This thread heading that I am a scammer is complete b.s. I didn't scam him nor anyone else.

Again I'm not going to send my customers here until the trolls are taken care of. It's not fair nor right to my happy customers to deal with that.

If you've stepped up and done all you say, Sherpard CC, that's awesome and great to hear. Not many people are doing what you do and to lose one is never good. I don't think asking for a deposit to cover the handle materials would be frowned on, as long as you could document that if the customer went south and then complained later. People understand that if somebody orders work done in unobtainium and then you buy that, work it and then they no-show that's just as bad as the situations you've rectified. It might not hurt for you to take a community college bookkeeping course, or perhaps get the "For Dummies" book on it so you can get your stuff streamlined, gigs figured out and scheduled, etc. Another thing to look into would be a form of answering people's queries to you, because one thing I notice is that this community is extremely patient and tolerant of delays for the most part, but the ONE thing that will burn you quick is to just vanish, or "drop off the radar". There are computer programs you can get that will auto-email folks, and forward email marked "Urgent" or "Emergency" to your phone. The same programs can be tailored to give out little progress reports, just by you clicking a box, for example, if you get 4 orders done, you click that box on those and the program auto emails your customers with that update and a message which is usually when to expect a tracking number or whatever. What Fleabay uses is a great example of this, I get auto emailed on almost everything I buy from anyone on there. If you also get in 5 orders worth of materials for 5 different orders, same thing, just check the box and those customers get that update. Look into that stuff, I'd advise you to find out what those programs are, and use them, it would be a big help and if you only had to spend 15 minutes a day on bookkeeping, wouldn't that be nice?

There was only one unsatisfied customer here that wanted a refund. He got it. 64 dollars back to his account. I didn't collect his knife nor the full amount. I collected and returned half payment for an item that was finished and he no longer wanted.

I send over 30 tracking numbers to you of delivered items for the last month.
I can send you screenshots of happy emails and of another 20 tracking numbers.

I'm a good man who's always tried to do right.

This thread heading that I am a scammer is complete b.s. I didn't scam him nor anyone else.

Again I'm not going to send my customers here until the trolls are taken care of. It's not fair nor right to my happy customers to deal with that.
Yes, I got the 30 tracking numbers, I asked people that did business with you to chime in. As far as people reading this thread, they are going to post their opinion and as long as it does not violate the rules there is nothing I can do about it, why am I going to censor someone for sharing their thoughts? That would be ridiculous. It's not a good time for you to decide to be stubborn at this point, you are rebounding from a pretty bad situation and are not in any position to start demanding anything,

It's not a good time for you to decide to be stubborn at this point, you are rebounding from a pretty bad situation and are not in any position to start demanding anything,

Looking at the many other threads on him this is the same attitude that always returns, just like the excuses (lies) until a thread is started and shepcc gets held accountable here. As far as i can see nothing has changed. It appears he has made people whole but after how much teeth pulling? I believe if he is allowed to return as a service provider we will see more of the same as we have seen many times from him. Just my opinion.

I'm not demanding. I'm stating facts. I'm just really tired of this. I send him emails and he didn't get them. He sent me emails and I didn't get them. Idk how that happened but it did. He came on here to complain. I tried to talk to him. He didn't want to talk to me. I asked a friend to be a middle man to help me fix the situation. He did. I refunded the customers money as requested.
NO SCAM involved!!!
Then people trolled this post for 15 pages because they want to hate. That's allowed. Okay.
But you keep asking for me to fix a situation I fixed 2 months ago! You ask if there are other outstanding orders that have complaints. None have come forward. Because there was only this one from the op.
So you keep asking for proof of me doing right. I sent over 30 tracking numbers proving I shipped out items to 30 different people in the last month. All happy. NO one complaining. But that's not enough. This situation over 65 dollars that was taken care of over 2 months ago is maddening. I don't know how much more I need to say to defend myself here. I did right by the op and refunded him when he finally reluctantly gave me his paypal email.

I've been communicating much more actively with my customers as I promised.
I offered to chat with you on the phone man to man to talk about anything you'd like. I offered to send you over a dozen screenshots of customer's signing my praises. I offered to send another 15 tracking numbers of shipped products
I've been very very upfront, open, and willing to give you whatever information (except for my customers private information: emails, last names. Etc. That I won't give to anyone. I am respectful of my customers) you asked me for.
I've sent you a few personal emails that haven't been replied to.

I don't know what else you expect of me. I've been a good standing member of the knife community for over 5 years, over 150 knife trades/sales, and we'll over 800 of my personally handmade scales and backspacers sold.

I just want to put this to bed and focus on finishing my orders and keeping my customers happy.

Last edited:
I'm not demanding. I'm stating facts. I'm just really tired of this. I send him emails and he didn't get them. He sent me emails and I didn't get them. Idk how that happened but it did. He came on here to complain. I tried to talk to him. He didn't want to talk to me. I asked a friend to be a middle man to help me fix the situation. He did. I refunded the customers money as requested.
NO SCAM involved!!!
Then people trolled this post for 15 pages because they want to hate. That's allowed. Okay.
But you keep asking for me to fix a situation I fixed 2 months ago! You ask if there are other outstanding orders that have complaints. None have come forward. Because there was only this one from the op.
So you keep asking for proof of me doing right. I sent over 30 tracking numbers proving I shipped out items to 30 different people in the last month. All happy. NO one complaining. But that's not enough. This situation over 65 dollars that was taken care of over 2 months ago is maddening. I don't know how much more I need to say to defend myself here. I did right by the op and refunded him when he finally reluctantly gave me his paypal email.

I offered to chat with you on the phone man to man to talk about anything you'd like. I offered to send you over a dozen screenshots of customer's signing my praises. I offered to send another 15 tracking numbers of shipped products
I've been very very upfront, open, and willing to give you whatever information (except for my customers private information: emails, last names. Etc. That I won't give to anyone. I am respectful of my customers) you asked me for.

I don't know what else you expect of me. I've been a good standing member of the knife community for over 5 years, over 150 knife trades/sales, and we'll over 800 of my personally handmade scales and backspacers sold.

I just want to put this to bed and focus on finishing my orders and keeping my customers happy.
You cannot pretend all the other issues you have had in the past did not happen. They are all just like this one and anyone can find those threads.

NO SCAM involved!!!

Shepardcc is not being truthful in this post. This thread (which documents numerous issues that customers have had) and the other threads about him show a pattern of VERY poor customer service and a terrible attitude. On more than one occasion, it has taken a thread here and the threat of banning to get him to provide a refund or product. To me, the fact that he denies this shows that nothing has changed. If he is allowed to continue to do business here, I believe that it is just a matter of time until he pulls the same shenanigans with future customers.

Shepardcc is not being truthful in this post. This thread (which documents numerous issues that customers have had) and the other threads about him show a pattern of VERY poor customer service and a terrible attitude. On more than one occasion, it has taken a thread here and the threat of banning to get him to provide a refund or product. To me, the fact that he denies this shows that nothing has changed. If he is allowed to continue to do business here, I believe that it is just a matter of time until he pulls the same shenanigans with future customers.
Unfortunate, but likely true.

NO SCAM involved!!!

Look man the witch hunt that has started here has happened because of your negligence period. You stated you have been a good standing member of the community for 5 years I and a lot of others beg to differ or we wouldn't be here in the thread which is a sticky devoted to you. Stickies don't just pop up they take a lot of good or a lot of bad the latter is the one you fall in. And your pattern is 100% the same every time. I'll fix it, it's fixed oops it's screwed agian, I'll fix it , it's fixed , oops it's fixed agian. So don't try to call the ones holding you accountable trolls they are people expecting honesty. Saying your fans are scared to post for fear of retaliation from said trolls is a heap of shit and you know it. Man up can't say it any clearer MAN UP!

Back