• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

So much wasted energy...just ban 'im and end it :)

Oh, but look, despite all the complaints in this thread, he's got a %100 green rating with 92 people. Why won't any of those unsatisfied customers give a negative rating? Maybe it is some kind of hunt.

So everyone STFU so his customers, satisfied or not, can weigh in and it's been a week so far and no complaints.

I take no pleasure in ruining someone's hobby, income stream, whatever; but I cannot allow people to get the run around for months on end without some accountability. Is it easier to ban someone? Yes, it's much easier to be done with it and move on, I'm not about the easy way though. I want to know WTF is going on and what the hold up is. I"d want someone to help me that way if I were in the same boat.

Well said. Thats one of the best post ive ever read coming from a mod.

So, I have been having an interesting experience as well with Eric. First of all, I have wated to the very last chance before posting as I do not like to hurt someones business, but, I feel that he is just playing me. I sent him a Busse SHSHII and a Busse ASHBM satin. For custom carbon fiber handles. Below is the emails chain:

-------- Original message --------
To:
Sent: Thu, Dec 29, 2016 7:15 pm
Subject: Re: Knives

Still working on them. What liner did you want to be to add some thickness to the lscf handles?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 4:28 PM,
wrote:
Eric,
I would like you to respond to me about my two expensive busse knives that I sent you for handles and have not heard word one from you about. Starting to get a little angry.
Dennis

-----Original Message-----
To: shepardcustomconcealment
Sent: Fri, May 5, 2017 12:02 pm

Eric, what is the deal. Are these done yet?
Dennis

To: shepardcustomconcealment <shepardcustomconcealment@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, May 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Eric,
I would like you to respond to me about my two expensive busse knives that I sent you for handles and have not heard word one from you about. Starting to get a little angry.
Dennis

To:
Sent: Tue, May 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Sorry Dennis. Starred a new job and have been working 75 hrs a week. Been so swamped. They are halfway done. I'll try to have them finished up i a few weeks

----Original Message-----
To: shepardcustomconcealment <shepardcustomconcealment@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, May 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Eric, that sounds fine.
Thanks
D

I then sent this

To: shepardcustomconcealment
Sent: Thu, Sep 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Eric, I have been patient a very long time and feel that I am at my wits end. I need you to either finish the knives and ship to me, or send them back to me unfinished.
Thanks
Dennis

Final response:
To:
Sent: Fri, Sep 22, 2017 9:55 am

I apologize Dennis. I'm going to finish up these handles for you and get the knife shipped out next weekend. I promise. Thank you so much for your patience

Eric

So this started in December of 2016 and I am now in October of 2017 and he still has my knives that only needed handles. I just sent another email asking for pics of the finished product and for shipping confirmation. I also paid for half the work already via paypal. At this point, I just want my knives back and a refund of what I paid him. He has had his chance and I do not feel like being strung along, month after month. I think some time back he told you all that he was caught up. Well, you now know that was not the case. He should have emailed me this weekend with confirmation that knives were finished. I gave him until tonight to hear from him. Nothing.
I expect my knives to show up at my door finished or not by Saturday.

So, I have been having an interesting experience as well with Eric. First of all, I have wated to the very last chance before posting as I do not like to hurt someones business, but, I feel that he is just playing me. I sent him a Busse SHSHII and a Busse ASHBM satin. For custom carbon fiber handles. Below is the emails chain:

I then sent this

Final response:

So this started in December of 2016 and I am now in October of 2017 and he still has my knives that only needed handles. I just sent another email asking for pics of the finished product and for shipping confirmation. I also paid for half the work already via paypal. At this point, I just want my knives back and a refund of what I paid him. He has had his chance and I do not feel like being strung along, month after month. I think some time back he told you all that he was caught up. Well, you now know that was not the case. He should have emailed me this weekend with confirmation that knives were finished. I gave him until tonight to hear from him. Nothing.

Imagine that he told everyone here all were made right. And now almost a year old order is still waiting some people never change.

Cobalt Cobalt
Wow, I commissioned him to make a set of scales around the same time, and was lucky to get it done in January.
I did not send my (inexpensive) knife for it. Maybe that made a difference.
Hope that you get them back.

Final response:

Cobalt, brother first of all, you've shown incredible restraint and patience. Makes me proud to call you a friend! :thumbsup:

Next, I <and everyone!> support you in your efforts in being made whole and hope that will happen very quickly.

Also, I am glad to see the mods pinned this beside Ketchen's shameful decline into infamy.

Last, the main reason I'm glad it was pinned next to Ketchen was so that Shepard can see that he could wind up in the same mess. Because, considering the $$$ amount of INFI + the cash you've fronted him, that he's just a phone call away-- from you & everyone he's strung along-- from having a Detective from his local LE come knocking on his door with a FELONY arrest warrant with his worthless name on it!

SHEPARD, if you're reading this-- you'd better get your a$$ in gear turning out some refunds and/or completed jobs......STAT!

That is...if it's not too late already...when the wheels of justice start turning they can grind away in a moment what it took a lifetime to build up.

Last edited:
Cobalt, brother first of all, you've shown incredible restraint and patience. Makes me proud to call you a friend! :thumbsup:

Next, I <and everyone!> support you in your efforts in being made whole and hope that will happen very quickly.

Also, I am glad to see the mods pinned this beside Ketchen's shameful decline into infamy.

Last, the main reason I'm glad it was pinned next to Ketchen was so that Shepard can see that he could wind up in the same mess. Because, considering the $$$ amount of INFI + the cash you've fronted him, that he's just a phone call away-- from you & everyone he's strung along-- from having a Detective from his local LE come knocking on his door with a FELONY arrest warrant with his worthless name on it!

SHEPARD, if you're reading this-- you'd better get your a$$ in gear turning out some refunds and/or completed jobs......STAT!

That is...if it's not too late already...when the wheels of justice start turning they can grind away in a moment what it took a lifetime to build up.

I apologize. Ive been really busy this last few weeks. I meant to send you an email update. I just send you an email with an update. I will have them finished and shipped out to you this monday 10\9\17 the lastest if not earlier.

Again......and again......and again.

I apologize. Ive been really busy this last few weeks. I meant to send you an email update. I just send you an email with an update. I will have them finished and shipped out to you this monday 10\9\17 the lastest if not earlier.

And again. Same lies and same excuses. I understand that banning him might mean that the people he owes would have one less avenue of recourse but how long does this community have to put up with this trash? He got a huge 2nd chance after the temp ban but then he goes and does the exact same thing. He lied to all of us and especially to you @RevDevil .

You know Cray, you'd think someone who was trying to shine his rep would've made DAMN sure there were no more projects open this long.......with the same BS excuses again, and again, and again.

He is a liar and has always been a liar. I honestly don't know why anybody would trust him with anything for even a split second at this point. Even if he comes through and returns Cobalt's knives, he is STILL A LIAR. Nobody should forget that...ever.

Sorry for the distress he has caused you, Cobalt.

I haven't read all of this post ... nor have I dealt with this provider ... but I see many posts that seem to run very much along these lines. And I understand not wanting to ban them as it does affect members that have dealings ongoing with this provider.

But I keep wondering if instead of banning these members that take money and fail to complete work or to be honest about everything ... couldn't their status as a provider be suspended so they can't continue doing the same to other members until the get caught up in good standing and have their privledges reinstated?

There was one not long ago that had went off the rails and I followed that thread and the whole time he was still buying and selling knives on the exchange.

Maybe I'm mistaken in my thinking but in my opinion ... if you suspend their ability to buy sell or trade ... or to offer services until they fullfill their current obligations ... wouldn't that be more effect to push them back on track when they cannot continue to earn or "take" more money until all current customers were made whole?

I know I'm no genius but it seems like perhaps a better option then giving them an out by banning them. Or letting them continue to buy sell trade or earm money from others members before meeting their current commitments.

Just my .02 worth I guess ... JJ

The problem is there's no concrete list of people affected. It's based on those who've been scammed to come forward. So it's hard to determine when everyone is made whole.

I haven't read all of this post ... nor have I dealt with this provider ... but I see many posts that seem to run very much along these lines. And I understand not wanting to ban them as it does affect members that have dealings ongoing with this provider.

But I keep wondering if instead of banning these members that take money and fail to complete work or to be honest about everything ... couldn't their status as a provider be suspended so they can't continue doing the same to other members until the get caught up in good standing and have their privledges reinstated?

There was one not long ago that had went off the rails and I followed that thread and the whole time he was still buying and selling knives on the exchange.

Maybe I'm mistaken in my thinking but in my opinion ... if you suspend their ability to buy sell or trade ... or to offer services until they fullfill their current obligations ... wouldn't that be more effect to push them back on track when they cannot continue to earn or "take" more money until all current customers were made whole?

I know I'm no genius but it seems like perhaps a better option then giving them an out by banning them. Or letting them continue to buy sell trade or earm money from others members before meeting their current commitments.

Just my .02 worth I guess ... JJ

I've seen that happen a few times here and this thread is included. Shepp had a temporary ban for a month (2 months?) to get caught up on outstanding orders and or refunds.

I recall another time where it was a Gold or Platinum Member that was doing some scummy things (don't recall who or the details) and so Spark or one of the mods but a custom banner in place of their Gold/Platinum status that basically said "DO NOT DEAL WITH ME UNTIL I CLEAN UP MY ACT".

The problem is there's no concrete list of people affected. It's based on those who've been scammed to come forward. So it's hard to determine when everyone is made whole.

Generally, when it is a regular buyer, seller, or trader causing problems there are only one or two aggrieved parties at a time so it's bit simpler to track if they were made whole or not.

With situations like this thread, where a service provider is taking multiple orders you are 100% correct. Cobalt is a prime example.

You know Cray, you'd think someone who was trying to shine his rep would've made DAMN sure there were no more projects open this long.......with the same BS excuses again, and again, and again.
Right but no just a slap in the communities face simple as that.

Hey man you came on here telling everyone your customers have been made right don't have the quote but I'm sure cray quoted it a few posts up. Now it was posted by you that customers have been made right or contacted. Now a customer comes here with a year old order and you're giving the same song and dance. You told everyone all your customers were taken care of one way or another seems here that's bullshit.
You lied to the community and the mods and I'm sure would have kept this person waiting if not called out in YOUR STICKY. Lied to everyone here with sad ass excuses and notice you haven't updated your provider status which is a good thing. Now new members can't be taken from you but I would bet soon we will start to see complaints from fb and instagram about you just a matter of time.

I then sent this

Final response:

Just wondering if your ever got that email? He's had a track record of emails not getting through to customers lets us know please.

Back