• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

He's making CF scales for the Shaman. Came out really nice. I got it in marbled CF. Awesome knife

Did not get it from him. He takes too long. I have a friend who has a water jet machine and cut it out for me and I did the finishing at home myself. I respect BF and would not bring him back in the mix. I believe that Eric is a good but not a very good businessman and definitely has no sense of time. We have stayed friends but not done any work together. I can understand how you would jump to that conclusion but it is not the case.

A.
He's making CF scales for the Shaman. Came out really nice. I got it in marbled CF. Awesome knife

B.
Did not get it from him. He takes too long. I have a friend who has a water jet machine and cut it out for me and I did the finishing at home myself. I respect BF and would not bring him back in the mix. I believe that Eric is a good but not a very good businessman and definitely has no sense of time. We have stayed friends but not done any work together. I can understand how you would jump to that conclusion but it is not the case.

By posting quote "A" in this thread, what other conclusion is one to jump to?
Details, they matter. Include them if you want people to know what/who you're talking about.

This right here is why people were pissed at you for whitewashing your previous SheppCC thread. Details, they matter. When you take out the bad and leave only the good, there's really only one conclusion left that someone who is not in the know can jump to and her name is Ms. Information.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good God then, what the hell are you even posting about? You've said you have medical issues that explain memory loss. Might be time to stop posting as to not further spread missinformation.

A.

B.

By posting quote "A" in this thread, what other conclusion is one to jump to?
Details, they matter. Include them if you want people to know what/who you're talking about.

This right here is why people were pissed at you for whitewashing your previous SheppCC thread. Details, they matter. When you take out the bad and leave only the good, there's really only one conclusion left that someone who is not in the know can jump to and her name is Ms. Information.

:rolleyes:
There's also this detail...

I had purchased my Shaman 2 weeks ago and had it sent directly to my custom scale maker, had it done in Marble CF.

The misinformation surrounding these two is disturbing.

I previously posted that I was saving cash to have Mr. S make a set of backspacers for me. I would like nothing more than to have all my knives with backspacers upgraded to that tricolored, trilayered look. However, based on emjay4248's posts in this thread, and the chaos and confusion he has created, I have decided that I will not commission this work. There is too much confusion for me to take the chance with my hard-earned money. I'll keep looking for another craftsman to do the work - and who knows, maybe I'll learn how to do it myself.

I previously posted that I was saving cash to have Mr. S make a set of backspacers for me. I would like nothing more than to have all my knives with backspacers upgraded to that tricolored, trilayered look. However, based on emjay4248's posts in this thread, and the chaos and confusion he has created, I have decided that I will not commission this work. There is too much confusion for me to take the chance with my hard-earned money. I'll keep looking for another craftsman to do the work - and who knows, maybe I'll learn how to do it myself.
I think a very smart choice.

He's making CF scales for the Shaman.
How is the quote above explained by the quote below?
Did not get it from him.

The quote below makes this even worse...
You can understand how someone else would "jump to this conclusion", when they quoted you saying "He's making".

Who else could "HE" Possibly Be?
Who is this thread about?
Why post about someone else's work here?
Why are You still posting here?
I can understand how you would jump to that conclusion but it is not the case.

All you have done is cause confusion and contention. This could be considered trolling... To he honest, I don't see your posts (within this thread) as anything else.

How is the quote above explained by the quote below?

The quote below makes this even worse...
You can understand how someone else would "jump to this conclusion", when they quoted you saying "He's making".

Who else could "HE" Possibly Be?
Who is this thread about?
Why post about someone else's work here?
Why are You still posting here?

All you have done is cause confusion and contention. This could be considered trolling... To he honest, I don't see your posts (within this thread) as anything else.
You are so late to this party...:rolleyes:

You are so late to this party...:rolleyes:
Yea... probably.

I do not frequent the stickies section of G,B&U. Those that require ignore, get it quickly. Once they get a sticky, I normally don't poke my head back into the thread unless I have commented a few times.

This was not one of those threads. But emjays posts just didn't make any sense to me and I felt they needed addressing. Not that they haven't been, but possibly a bit more succinctly.

I will say that I just ordered a CF Hinderer scale from him on ebay. The listing showed three available so I figured they were done and ready to ship. Bought it Christmas night,shipping label printed on the 26th and tracking shows it is in transit now. Maybe he has gotten straightened out. Will post an update when it arrives.

Seems that is where most makers run into trouble. I do custom orders all the time on lanyards but that is not a complicated as scales or knives. I make sure I can get them done and shipped within a day or two. If I were doing scales I think I would only sell ones I have already finished.

Seems that is where most makers run into trouble. I do custom orders all the time on lanyards but that is not a complicated as scales or knives. I make sure I can get them done and shipped within a day or two. If I were doing scales I think I would only sell ones I have already finished.
Do you request payment up front or upon completion? I think what allowed Shepard to go on for so long was the culture of up front payment. I also think the best way for makers and buyers to go is an invoice after the job's been completed (but before shipping the item).

Do you request payment up front or upon completion? I think what allowed Shepard to go on for so long was the culture of up front payment. I also think the best way for makers and buyers to go is an invoice after the job's been completed (but before shipping the item).

I think the reason he's gone on for so long and is continuing to this day is that he's a dishonest piece of crap...

Taking payment in advance isn't a problem for an honest person, and he ain't honest.

I do take payment up front as the item ships within a day,2 at most. If it is a rare case that it might take a week or so or if I have to wait on materials I am fine with waiting on payment.

Yup! When he does a custom order he demands F&F full payment up front.......then the fun begins.
:thumbsdown:
Joe

I think his issues are all when he is selling made to order if he makes and sells then people tend to be ok.

What's a shill gettin these days for promoting this clown?

Free scales, cash, something a little more personal...?

Mr. S. sent me a note that was both pissed off and nice at the same time; he said that he had told emjay to stop making stuff up; he also claimed (and yes, I know...claims are easy to make, even I can make a claim) that he had read my first post, and was going to make my scales fof free as a gift, but retracted that offer when I posted my second post. I guess he wanted to sting me a bit. I'm not going to comment on that mentality publicly.

I do take payment up front as the item ships within a day,2 at most. If it is a rare case that it might take a week or so or if I have to wait on materials I am fine with waiting on payment.

I've done business with you, sir. You produced my lanyards very quickly, there was no fuss. I gave them all away randomly to folks who purchased something from me, just a little tidbit extra for the holiday season. If I put a smile on even one person's face with this, it was worthwhile. Thank you for the quick service and great product.

Back