• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

I'll keep posting this link to all the people who keep repping his work on ig. But they all drink the coolaid. It's so sad.

I was promised that my Manix2 would be completed in about 3 weeks. Well after 4 months I started to lose my patience. EXCUSE after excuse and more promises of my knife being done in a few days and shipped by the weekend never happened. I finally told him to just send me the knife back that I no longer had interest in the knife and now I didn't have the extra money for the work that I had 6 months ago. 2 days later he tells me the knife is complete after me telling him I don't have the money anymore. So he keeps my knife and the next day I see it for sale. This was a brand new Manix2 that I just bought from Spyderco and sent directly the Shepard. The guy does great work but he's a total douche.

He cannot keep your knife because you did not pay for scales that he finished. That is theft and I would pursue it. There ultimately may be no resolution for you, but enough small holes in the hull and his ship will sink. It's only a matter of time.

I was promised that my Manix2 would be completed in about 3 weeks. Well after 4 months I started to lose my patience. EXCUSE after excuse and more promises of my knife being done in a few days and shipped by the weekend never happened. I finally told him to just send me the knife back that I no longer had interest in the knife and now I didn't have the extra money for the work that I had 6 months ago. 2 days later he tells me the knife is complete after me telling him I don't have the money anymore. So he keeps my knife and the next day I see it for sale. This was a brand new Manix2 that I just bought from Spyderco and sent directly the Shepard. The guy does great work but he's a total douche.
What manix was it? Where did he try to sell it?

This happened last year, I just saw a link to this thread posted on a bad guy list in a FB group and decided to post my experience here.

Guys it was a brand new Black Manix2, he was suppose to put Silver Tweed scales on. I saw it for sale on Instagram the next day. It wasn't worth the aggravation to pursue it, I took the loss and moved on.

Guys it was a brand new Black Manix2, he was suppose to put Silver Tweed scales on. I saw it for sale on Instagram the next day. It wasn't worth the aggravation to pursue it, I took the loss and moved on.
That's not true at all. I never had any dealings with you. You're just trolling me. You just made a new profile on here a few months ago and made only 4 post.

I dont need take manix 2s from people to make scales. I have over 10 of them to use for making scales and taking pics.
I only take peoples knives in if it's a knife I dont have or they want blade work done(which i dont do anymore).

I would never take a persons knife "hostage" nor would I sell it to cover costs or whatever. I stock a lot of cf. A lot!!
Silver twill scales are a popular scale. I would have no issue at all with reselling those scales to someone else. So your story is just a flat out lie.

What manix was it? Where did he try to sell it?

That's not true at all. I never had any dealings with you. You're just trolling me. You just made a new profile on here a few months ago and made only 4 post.

I dont need take manix 2s from people to make scales. I have over 10 of them to use for making scales and taking pics.
I only take peoples knives in if it's a knife I dont have or they want blade work done(which i dont do anymore).

I would never take a persons knife "hostage" nor would I sell it to cover costs or whatever. I stock a lot of cf. A lot!!
Silver twill scales are a popular scale. I would have no issue at all with reselling those scales to someone else. So your story is just a flat out lie.

Is it he or I?
Why would a random want to troll him/you?

Oh and bye.

Last edited:
ECameron, there is a thread started in the Facebook group called EDC go or NOGO. Someone posted the link to this thread and I thought Ide tell my story. If you do a search on facebook with my full name and the words Manix2 you will see posts where I talked about wanting custom scales because of Photos I had seen. Members of the Spyderco group threw your name out as doing good work and that is where it all started. The posts were in July of 2017. I can also have another unhappy customer of recent chime in here if you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
ECameron, there is a thread started in the Facebook group called EDC go or NOGO. Someone posted the link to this thread and I thought Ide tell my story. If you do a search on facebook with my full name and the words Manix2 you will see posts where I talked about wanting custom scales because of Photos I had seen. Members of the Spyderco group threw your name out as doing good work and that is where it all started. The posts were in July of 2017. I can also have another unhappy customer of recent chime in here if you like.
Send me a PM then on fbm and show me our interactions. I have never every stolen anyones knife and I've never sold a customers knife ever!!

I would never say I'd sell your knife as I usually do half payment now to get you in line and then the other half when it's finished and ready to ship for scales. That's crazy. I am not that kind of person and I would never say that to someone

Eric, it wasn't worth my time going back and forth with you back then and its not worth my time now. I took the $130 loss and moved on untill I saw this thread and how you screwed others over. I didn't find it necessary to document all our conversations and save them for the rest of my life. I have a few screen shots that I just dug up from the Spyderco group where I talk about me sending you the knife, certainly not enough evidence for you to make good on this. You told me you needed my knife to fit the scales and that is why I sent it to you. We also talked about you re scaling my Vallotton with CF, you showed me pics of one you did and told me you hated doing them and turned the job down, Im now glad you did. Im not going back and forth with you on this, Im getting to old to waste my time with a shit bag like you. The word is out there in many groups that your buisness practices are are a bit unscrupulous , Im sure you're aware of this.

Update, Myself and Eric have been in talks and I believe we have this worked out. Looking back on old posts Im actually partially to blame for the way I communicated. So if what we discussed privatly works out, I will not comment on this thread anymore. Thank you guys for listening and for your supoort.

Last edited:
Hmmm, another weird situation . Sounds familiar to other situations I have read about where once someone "enters into talks" they start back tracking. but to me it looks like if there is anything to "work out" then Shepard CC was indeed blatantly lying about keeping the guys knife and selling it.

I just found this thread. I must be the luckiest dude in the world or something, because I got some badass work from ShepCC like... 2 weeks ago, and it took a long wait, but I got my knife from Carrillo.

Then again, I lost an expensive knife a while ago, so maybe that was the tradeoff. :(

I just found this thread. I must be the luckiest dude in the world or something, because I got some badass work from ShepCC like... 2 weeks ago, and it took a long wait, but I got my knife from Carrillo.

Then again, I lost an expensive knife a while ago, so maybe that was the tradeoff. :(
Good instances do not outweigh the bad. This scammer was banned here for more than good reason.

Do your research people! If after learning the truth about this guy and you still decide to do business, we told you so. Life is too short to put up with such shenanigans.

Reactions: Mo2
Back