• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

Agreed. He's been given plenty of chances over a few years to get his shit together, but apparently he'd rather lie to his customers than man up. Unfortunately, instagram has given him a new platform to continue his less-than-ideal practices, without any consequences or place to leave negative feedback that will reach the community. Glad I got my scale in the end, but after a lot of hassle.

You never lived in NY, went to school in MY by chance and are millitary?

Unfortunately he's not the only one, quite a few scam artists run to Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc. once they have been exposed on Bladeforums... SURVIVE! would be another one.

Some choose the USN (Green Forum) as a platform where any negativity towards the industry Gods :rolleyes: (Strider,Emerson, etc.) is grounds for an immediate ban... should change their name from USN to AKN... Ass Kissin Network :D

Weapons grade pinpoint accuracy here.

Saw today on a Spyderco focused IG account about a fundraiser for “Shepherd COVID Recovery”...the story is that he spent weeks in the hospital recently and needs $

Not sure if it’s yet another scam of his or maybe karma getting him?

The bad thing is that he has gotten exposure on knife Youtube channels, which only gets him more orders. I even looked into his work and thought to do a search on him before doing anything, and I'm glad I did because I found this thread. I just don't see how someone can continue to run a business like that and still be around. I don't think Instagram should allow filtering posts if you are selling on there. And asking for a friends and family payment? That's a huge red flag. I've done friends and family once, and that was for something from someone I knew personally.

Don't know if his Covid thing is true or not, but you know, if you sell as many scales as it seems he does he must have terrible money management to be asking for help.

I saw the post on IG about the Covid. I wouldn't trust the guy to have the sniffles and send him a dime. That's my opinion. YMMV.
I would assume he doesn't really need help but is just an opportunistic douchebag. There. It's been said.

I’m trying to find another stinger backspacer for a Spyderco McBee. This guy chimed. I didn’t want his backspacer but I wouldn’t have dealt with him anyway because of the stuff I’ve read here.

D1427FF2-85FE-4466-A91C-A21AD3A2F632.jpeg

i.ashx

Gonna bring this thread back up from the depths. I haven't been hosed, yet...It's only been 9 days for an order on an "In-stock" scale and the comms on shipping it have been a little suspect. I'm not passing judgement yet but reading through this thread doesn't get my hopes up. I did pay with my CC so maybe i'd have an easier time if I have to go that route. I'm really hoping he just ships them like he said he would since they were in stock, no custom order.
I'm not active here much anymore and this one got by me. Never bothered to check reviews as a lot of people I respect and know follow him. Oh well.

I'll update this thread. Last IG contact was last night and he said it was, "going out tonight." which I thought was odd (second time he said that) and that he'd send me tracking...never got any tracking update.

1/14/23:
I got a picture of the scales and box+label. Still in pre-shipment which means PO has yet to receive it.

I bought a beautiful micarta scale from him a few months ago for a Hinderer Half Track. It was advertised as made and ready to ship. I had no issues. I was willing to take the chance for that but I would never send him a knife to work on.

P8185459_Edit_Layers_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Shepardcc is def a pain in the ass, but his work is great and he DOES deliver. Unfortunately you do get a lot of “next week, next week, it’s on the bench, etc..”

However he wouldn’t still be doing business for several years if he was scamming.

Shepardcc is def a pain in the ass, but his work is great and he DOES deliver. Unfortunately you do get a lot of “next week, next week, it’s on the bench, etc..”

However he wouldn’t still be doing business for several years if he was scamming.
The 28 pages and 500+ posts in this thread about Shepardcc would lead the average person to a completely different conclusion.

The 28 pages and 500+ posts in this thread about Shepardcc would lead the average person to a completely different conclusion.
I get that. This post is from 2 years ago.
Research his recent dealings.
I’m not encouraging anyone to buy from him. I’m saying there are more folks that say he’s a pain to deal with but delivers on what he promises. What I haven’t heard is anyone speak negatively about the quality of his work.

How so? Not keeping delivery promises IS "scamming," not to mention violation of federal law.

I get that. This post is from 2 years ago.
Research his recent dealings.
I’m not encouraging anyone to buy from him. I’m saying there are more folks that say he’s a pain to deal with but delivers on what he promises. What I haven’t heard is anyone speak negatively about the quality of his work.
Rollercoaster Rollercoaster I'm gonna call Bullsh#t on this, and ask you to show where this scumbag has changed his tune. (Site specific instances!)

Back