Shipping Khuks to Canada?

I'm giving half my HI khuk collection to my brother who lives in Vancouver, Canada.
Problem is, I'm not sure of the Canadian regs regarding large bladed implements being imported into the country.

Does anybody know if there would be a problem sending a large box of about a dozen khuks from New Jersey to Vancouver via USPS? I would of course declare them in the customs forms as Khukri blades.

Thanks in advance.

I think there are some that do it pretty regular. Member "snowolf" comes to mind and im sure there are more. I think they complained about shipping times, customs, fees etc. and the usual things expected from shipping out to the great white north but Im pretty sure it is possible. Sorry im useless for details.

Why would kerambits be a problem? Is it because they are more concealable?
I was thinking it might be the bigger, 18 inch Ang Khola's that might be a problem?

Size isn't an issue. While there's no law against kerambits up here, there are laws against brass knuckles & ring knives - Canada Customs can sometimes be overzealous, and they could easily misinterpret these laws in a way that would prevent you from importing kerambits. They would probably get through fine, but if they end up getting seized, you may lose them forever.

OK, got it. No kerambits just to be safe.
I'm kinda hoping auntie Yangdu might chime in with any experience sending khuks to Canada.

I've started an identical thread in the Knife Laws category of this forum, to cast a wider net so to speak.
So if anybody has something to add, I'd appreciate it if you could do so on the new thread.

Thanks again.

I'm in Ontario, purchased an 18 inch Gelbu Special a couple of years ago, had no issues with shipping it.

I am from canada as well. Bought two large HI already and no issue with shipping...make sure its shipped via USPS...as it has almost next to nothing brokerage fee...custom fees although are high so factor that in...

I am from canada as well. Bought two large HI already and no issue with shipping...make sure its shipped via USPS...as it has almost next to nothing brokerage fee...custom fees although are high so factor that in...
Hey what websites do you use? Looking for the best sites for canada. Use to use roadsideimpports switchbladekits.com etc but they went out of business and lately I've had varied results from other sites

Hey what websites do you use? Looking for the best sites for canada. Use to use roadsideimpports switchbladekits.com etc but they went out of business and lately I've had varied results from other sites
Stackry is what I use. They have a limit on fixed blades though. I think its around 5 inch blade lenght. For large blades I normaly dont use a shipTo service

Back