• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shipping training. Ebay

u812

Gold Member
Got to post about the scales I won on ebay last Saturday. Seller was heco333. Item was Swimming pool green large Wilkins grips. Item was listed as new unopened. Got them and they did look new but no packaging at all,just the scales dropped in a padded envelope. The biggest concern I had was how the shipping label was attached. Just stuck in the center at the top and bottom with a piece of tape. The guys at my post office was amazed it arrived. Left him positive feedback but going to contact him about how the label was attached. If he does all his sales like that he has got to be loosing some packages. All turned out good but I can't for the life of me figure out way people do stuff like this.
Vqb1Q1q.jpg

Buddy, I had an eBay seller in Finland (not a Finn) drop a sheath knife in a white business envelope, lick the sticky, and send it off across the Baltic and the Atlantic. Only the sheath arrived in NE Ohio. The PO people somewhere along the route had noted the envelope torn open and tapped it shut. The seller proposed that we "split the loss." So why are people jerks? Just seems to be the nature of some. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, a slipjoint pocket knife arrived today from a New York eBay seller in a felt sheath, in bubble pack, in a padded envelope, in peanuts, in a sturdy box that was tapped very securely. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buddy, I had an eBay seller in Finland (not a Finn) drop a sheath knife in a white business envelope, lick the sticky, and send it off across the Baltic and the Atlantic. Only the sheath arrived in NE Ohio. The PO people somewhere along the route had noted the envelope torn open and tapped it shut. The seller proposed that we "split the loss." So why are people jerks? Just seems to be the nature of some. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, a slipjoint pocket knife arrived today from a New York eBay seller in a felt sheath, in bubble pack, in a padded envelope, in peanuts, in a sturdy box that was tapped very securely. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That is how I ship most things. I do not spare the tape. Guess that is why minimal effort in anything bothers me. Most anything I do I over do.

That is how I ship most things. I do not spare the tape. Guess that is why minimal effort in anything bothers me. Most anything I do I over do.

People pay through the nose for USPS insurance but try to save money on packing material and, especially, tape. I’ve found tape to be the much better investment in the long term.

Also, signature confirmation. It may not completely prevent buyer fraud if a buyer intends to defraud, but it does wonders in not having USPS chuck a $1000 knife on your doorstep and call it a day.

Back