Review Shirogorov Neon Lite, Ultra-Lite and HatiOn Lite

This is an excellent write up. Thank you for putting all this out there. And nice collection!

Reactions: CPP
I brought this review back up because the excellent overview helped me select my next Shiro. Thanks for the abundance of great information.

Having an F3 for some time now I came to see the quality compared to other production folders and mid techs. Unfortunately I don’t EDC it as it’s far larger than my daily needs require. Lately I’ve been carrying one of two Laconico mid tech 3-inchers: a frame lock EZC and a slip joint EWC. Both have niggling flaws I expect the HatiOn Lite shipping to me now will rectify. At 2.4 oz I expect it to disappear in my pocket as I rarely use a clip.

Last edited:
jkeq1m7.jpg
ZtQdYo6.jpg

I have a chance to buy this Shiro CD Neon with Damascus blade. Would you recommend a brand new version of this knife for US$3,200? Thx!
I would recommend buying this knife if you're honest with yourself as to whether it's to be added to a collection or carried. The price you mentioned is $300 less than the asking price at an authorized dealer which is the secondary market price.

CPP: thank you for your guidance! It would be mainly for my collection, and not likely EDCed.

When I bought mine I did so with the understanding that every knife I bought was going to be carried and used. But when it came to the CD NeOn, the most expensive knife I have owned, I couldn't bring myself to use it even though it felt great in hand. I ended up acquiring several knives, more than made sense to have as users but I was never set out to become a collector.

Thx for your encouragement. I just bought this knife. It will arrive this Wednesday (May 13). This is my first knife purchase ever - other than a Leatherman Charge+ multi-tool - so it seems like I'm headed down a very slippery slope having caught THE 'bear' bug.

Thx for your encouragement. I just bought this knife. It will arrive this Wednesday (May 13). This is my first knife purchase ever - other than a Leatherman Charge+ multi-tool - so it seems like I'm headed down a very slippery slope having caught THE 'bear' bug.
WOW, talk about diving in head first. Your very first knife purchase ever!! Is a Shiro costing $3200. I would think that most folks started with buying knives in the hundreds and saw a custom they really liked or just wanted to know what the high dollar knives felt like. Seems crazy you say I wanna buy a knife, this ones nice, little over 3k, sounds good. Enjoy your Shiro my friend they look beautiful and I’m sure feel even better. I mean no offense I’m just amazed your first knife purchase is an ultra high dollar offering.

Congrats. That looks to be the best NeOn variant yet with contoured scales.

I put two dabs of Chris Reeve Knives' fluorinated grease on each row of bearings.

Notice a difference in what? I didn't notice a difference in the flipping action, although there hadn't been a problem to begin with. I was cleaning more for hygiene and regular maintenance. Thanks for reading

Thanks for the write-up.:thumbsup:
I have Neon Zero, couldn't find what kind of oil Shirogorov uses, and was considering to treat it with some CRK grease. Good to know it will do the job.

Back