Shirogorov prices

Idk if this is in the right area, just kind of a rant...
Just don't get the shirogorov prices. I'm not hating, just a outsider observation.
I realize they are pretty much the russian sebenza.
They appear to be mostly milled out on CNC etc. Just can't get over the price.
I know supply and demand etc. And again not hating good for them for bringing that premium. Just think one could do better for the price.
I owned a model 95 and I get it to a certain extent. Smooth as glass. Beat the shit out of it. Never had a problem with it. It just seems like a 4-700 dollar knife i guess.

Anyhow sorry for the rant. Again don't take it as I'm flaming on them. They are good knives .Just don't get the pricing figured by now there would be enough of them around to bring the price down to earth.

Idk if this is the right area, just kind of a rant...
Just don’t get the Lamborghini prices. I’m not hating, just a outsider observation.
I realize they are pretty much the Italian McLaren.
They appear to be mostly milled out on CNC etc.
Just can’t get over the price.
I know supply and demand etc. And again not hating good for them for bringing that premium. Just think one could do better for that price. I owned a Murcielago and I get it to a certain extent. Fast as hell. Beat the shit out of it. Always had a problem with it. It just seemed like a $100,000 car I guess.

Anyhow sorry for the rant. Again don’t take it as I’m flaming on them. They are good cars. Just don’t get the pricing figured by now there would be enough of them around to bring the price down to earth.

The Market decides if their prices are too high! Don’t own one and honesty never seen one or handle one ... from my own experience, enough people are willing to pay their/my price... ——————————— That’s the deciding factor.. Have fun & stay safe

Shiros could be the next beanie baby of knives, who knows? Not that many years ago people in the exchange were fighting over non-flipping Hinderer flippers at higher prices than Shiros go for now. If you had some anodized hardware on an XM-18 back then it was an $1100 knife, lol.

That said, buy whatever you like. IMO, Shirogorovs aren't worth the price of admission, and I've owned three of them. Scarcity is causing price inflation, so when they go out of style I expect they have a good chance of going the way of the Hinderer (i.e. screaming from $1k+ down to ~$300-400 where they belong).

Whether it’s Shirogorov or Frost Cutlery, people will pay the price if they can justify the price. It’s one of those situations where beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm sure I seem crazy for dropping $10k on a Rolex...
Yup. You’re nuts. Me buying a bass guitar for about the same amount as your watch is normal though.:p

In any case, I think the Shiros i’ve actually touched are amazing knives. Perfect fit and finish and great materials. And they look fantastic IMO. I just can’t justify spending $1k on a knife as I would be afraid to scratch it. I use all of my knives to cut stuff.

Whatever turns your crank though. Hell, people pay $1000 for a little piece of finger/knuckle plastic that likely will never actually be used to bonk anyone upside the head as intended, so you could find dumber ways to drop a grand that a Shirogorov. :thumbsup:

Not interested in Shiros in the least..especially after handling 2 different ones from a reputable source. So many other knives I like that cost a fraction of what these cost. I thought the ZT 0450 flipped way better.

Shiros could be the next beanie baby of knives, who knows? Not that many years ago people in the exchange were fighting over non-flipping Hinderer flippers at higher prices than Shiros go for now. If you had some anodized hardware on an XM-18 back then it was an $1100 knife, lol.

That said, buy whatever you like. IMO, Shirogorovs aren't worth the price of admission, and I've owned three of them. Scarcity is causing price inflation, so when they go out of style I expect they have a good chance of going the way of the Hinderer (i.e. screaming from $1k+ down to ~$300-400 where they belong).
I'm looking forward to 300-400 pricing, I could get onboard for that price.

I own a F-95 and paid under 700 and have no regrets, but adding another at that price would be a tough choice.

Back