Shooter Lube ?

I've been seeing ads from this company that makes gun solvent and lube, claiming it to be really outstanding. Wondering if anyone here has gave it a try and your thoughts?

Not sure who you’re referring to.
I’ve been using Slip 2000 EWL for some years now. Break Free before that. Been using Shooter’s Choice solvent for 15ish yrs.

Last edited:
I have always used break free clp, and from testing vs other options I would always stay with it. I always have a few bottles as a backup if I run out.

I bought some just to see. Don’t get me wrong, it’s legit but it’s not any better than Hoppes Solvent and Oil IMO. But it does cost more. It works well but cheaper and just as good products already out there.

I bought some just to see. Don’t get me wrong, it’s legit but it’s not any better than Hoppes Solvent and Oil IMO. But it does cost more. It works well but cheaper and just as good products already out there.
Thanks, that's what I figured. :thumbsup:

I highly recommend the Slip 2000 products, I’ve have tried many brands and am cleaning firearms almost every weekend, but their products work best for me.

My maintenance kit is:
725 Cleaner
Carbon Killer
EWL

I have used these lubes at different times and have not been disappointed:

Slip 2000 EWL
Wilson Combat Ultima lube
Gun Butter

I have used it and its no better than stuff off the store shelves. It cleans good but costs more then the normal stuff.

I've been shooting for 60 some years & have been using Slip EWL & EWG for about 10-12 years. The Slip products work as well as, or better than anything I've used, but chances are that if your gun runs on the latest & greatest, (insert famous gun writers name here) endorsed, super secret gun specific lube; then chances are that it'll run just as well on Mobil 1.

I use Mobil 1, auto grease and Lubriplate. Works great.

:) Mostly just an all purpose spray ="Dupont Silicone with Teflon" . I use it on everything else as well as knives and guns . Simplifies life .

Comes also in a dropper bottle form with less toxic volatiles .

Majority of modern cleaners and lubricants from reputable manufacturers will serve its purpose, more important is to follow cleaning/lubrication guidelines from the maker of your firearms, especially if it is a vintage gun.

I have seen CLP/Break Free work miracle on m240s and 50 cals. I will always use it in some capacity.
I also have some Lucas heavy gun oil and it works great on knife pivots!!

I’ve been using the entire line of Breakthrough Clean products. I’ve been very happy with them. I use them on hard running ARs, Glocks, 1911s, and all of my blades. Their products have no odor and do a great job protecting my firearms and knifes.

Back