Shop Opening BishwaKarma Puja

I have confirmed that Sgt. Khadka is not working for HI and that Bonecutters from him won't be forthcoming. He was there helping to rebuild the shop.

He really looks at home in that workspace.

I have confirmed that Sgt. Khadka is not working for HI and that Bonecutters from him won't be forthcoming.
He was there helping to rebuild the shop.

Darn it...well, still a very good friend to help get the shop up and running. Thank you Sarge.

I must agree. Thanks, Sarge. I would have liked to of had a blade from him, too.

Don't lose all hope. I'm sure that if/when the good Sgt. decides to produce some for export, we will see them here.

Food time, vooj Khane samaya

Thanks for the beautiful pics Aunti. Great to see the family back together at the shop working and having fun! Three Cheers from Texas:thumbup:
Mmmm...Im getting hungry for some reason?

Any of you wish to try to make this offering some time?....one hand smash of a cocoanut on a small hard steel monolith without being off an inch or two and smashing hand instead?.....milk flying everywhere and great shot!.....

Fantastic pictures. I wish the best to everyone at HI! You guys are the best. I love my 20 inch CAK! :) Thinking of the AK Bowie now.

Thank you for the pictures. They are very inspiring.

I am truly amazed how talented these men are. To see Purna sitting on the floor beating on a piece of steel with only the most rudimentary of tools is fascinating. Especially when you see how brilliant the finished product is that he produces.
One wonders what he could do if he had a modern ABS style forge/workshop and access to modern materials.

As I grow older and pass through life I realise more and more everyday just how unbelievably fortunate I have been. How much opportunity I have had (and wasted) and how much I still have to learn about the realities of the planet.

Seeing these proud men rebuilding their lives, producing the knives they love and moving forward with such a positive spirit is truly awe inspiring.:)

Back