Shop Update

We've had some severe storms here this year but we had a hell of a windstorm blow through Thursday night - 80mph gusts on the high bluff. We lost power until Saturday morning. I'm posting as fast as I can while we still have power in case it goes out again. We spent all day yesterday cutting people out of their driveways and homes from fallen trees and our ferry dock is in the water. It's our only access to the mainland so until it's fixed (3-7 days) we will have no access to the mainland and they no access to us which means.....

No mail, no UPS, no fuel, no extra food aside from the General Store. So if we have it it'll ship the next week and if you sent it - Brody - it'll get here ASAP as soon as they can get it here and we'll turn it around the next day. You don't have to fret about it - they'll hold onto it till they can deliver it.

Fortunately we have a woodstove for heat and we have buckets of water for toilets and jugs of water for washing. I have many weeks/months of food and we have a grill although I cooked in the woodstove 'cuz it was too darn cold with the windchill (below zero) to go outside and grill. Everything got a foil wrap and got thrown in the fire so we're doin' good with hot food and plenty of anything cold. :D

We'll keep you posted but it's okay to place the orders online or call us - we have a hardline phone so we're getting calls no problem. Orders will be shipped as soon as UPS or USPS can get to the island - some time next week.

Sorry to here about that, when I shipped the hawk the guy at the UPS store was telling me he went to a survival school in Washington and the one thing that stuck in his head about the state was how severe the weather can get. Hope everything works out for you.

It'll be fine. The military has the ROTC Warrior Forge here at Fort Lewis every summer and they train at Yakima for desert conditions. That's one thing Paul loved about the idea of moving here was the weather.

The front page of the website at www.bmtomahawks.com has been updated with a photo of our ferry dock under water. There's a barge there now working on it and they're optimistic that we'll have service again by Tuesday or Wednesday. We have walk-on ferry service available at the other end of the island but unless you have a vehicle on the mainland then you'll be bussin' it or taking a cab.

Deliveries to the island resumed today so everything will be back to shipping on a regular basis. I'll be in the shop tomarrow working on orders and I believe that at this rate shipments will start leaving here on Friday and Monday.

Brody, your hawk wasn't delivered today so I'm sure it'll come tomarrow. We had 3 mail deliveries today, UPS was on the island for most of the day and I got 5 days of newspapers stuck in my box this morning. Since we have electric and I've seen the news the only thing to catch up on was the comics. Man I missed Get Fuzzy and Pearls Before Swine! :D

Good to hear everythings back to normal, according to UPS tracking you should be getting my hawk on friday. Make sure you let me know before you ship it back i'm thinking abotu adding some stuff if you can ship it together... maybe that book and/or some sharpeners/hangers. Still thinking about getting that shoulder sheath (maybe not right away though), anyway you could get me a photo of it, maybe in use?

Let me know what else you need and we can ship them together and I'll see if I can get someone to model one of the shoulder rigs to show it in action.

Just got a notification form UPS saying they left it at your front door so I suppose you have it now, let me know how it's coming.

What do you reccomend for sharpening? I was thinking about one of the discs.

Thanks

Got it earlier today. I was in the General Store on the island and the UPS man came in and saw me and said he had something for me. It was your Frontiersman head. If you'd like to add a sharpener the Gerber Puck is a nice one for keeping in your truck or pack and it'll keep a nice edge on it. Let me know what you'd like.

I'll be in the shop this weeked working on it and it'll go back out to you on Monday. If you decide on a sharpener I'll ship that separately but I won't charge you separate shipping.

BTW, regarding the Survival School for the military, I thought it was Warrior Forge over at Fort Lewis but it's actually a US Air Force Survival School over in/near Spokane and they do some stuff down at the Yakima Firing Range. Paul corrected me on that.

How goes the tomahawk? Do you still have all my billing information? Just add on the puck and the book. I'm thinking about some honing solution as well, i've never used that before just water on a whetstone, what does the oil do? thanks for helping me out with the hawk.

The oil defintely helps with the sharpening. I'd add a bottle of the Washita Mountain Honing Oil - Special Forumla if you want to use an oil and I do still have all your billing & shipping information. I added the sharpener and the book but haven't billed you yet. The tomahawk is already on the way back to you with a fresh, plain handle and nice and sharp.

Thanks again, I appreciate you helping me out with the handle. Yea i'll add on a bottle of that then. Let me know when you bill me/it goes out.

Adding on the oil and it'll go out this week via USPS Priority Mail and no shipping charge to you!

Just got the hawk back in the mail, it looks brand new and the length is great. Thanks!

Awesome! The rest of your stiff is on the way today via USPS Priority Mail so you should have it by the weekend, maybe.

Back