short question ´bout a Camillus TL-29

Hi ,
I´ve a question about markings on my Camillus TL-29.
Referring to the tang stamp it´s from the era between 1960-1976. It has no further markings on it, except markings on one of the handle scales, obviously done with an electric pencil, which says "USA Box #16". Now I wonder if it´s just a personal marking of the former owner or something else. I believe, I´ve read somewhere, that the "#16" refers to the section a soldier was serving in.
Maybe somebody here knows more and could help me

dsc00577.jpg

Last edited:
Could have been part of box #16 of whatever items make up that box of stuff. Maybe they kitted out several boxes of the same tools and such for specific tasks, and wanted to make sure those things would be able to be put back for whichever box they came from.

It's not something the military (at least the Air Force) did, markings like that were usually done by individuals or units locally.

Could have been part of box #16 of whatever items make up that box of stuff. Maybe they kitted out several boxes of the same tools and such for specific tasks, and wanted to make sure those things would be able to be put back for whichever box they came from.

It's not something the military (at least the Air Force) did, markings like that were usually done by individuals or units locally.
Thank you, so it seems to be just a personal marking. But nevertheless I wonder, what history is connected to this knife, which I found on a fleamarket here in Germany. But I think, I´ll never know :(;)

Back