short shortsword

Hey

I'm looking for a short sword, for very close combat. It must also be able to slash, so it has to be a leaf-shaped blade.

Now, I am FULLY aware of the fairbarn combat smatchet, so mods please kick out anyone who links to one after this warning, thanks. The smatchet in question does not have enough length for my needs.

There is also a bronze swordmaker who makes a model called the "ewart park", this is perfect in shape and construction, but too LONG.

I need something inbetween those two, 30-35 cm. long leaf shaped blade, as short handle as possible (no longer than 15 cm.) Preferrably steel, but anything flies. And yes, it's gonna be used and not for stage combat either..., so make sure it is made to be used.

Please help, as my googling skills have run out.

I don't know, it might be too long (27" OAL), but the HI Falcata looks to be a "user".
8-09-07%20002.jpg

Although, and my metric-american conversions arn't all that good, isn't 30cm just over a foot long? That's more "big knife" size than shortsword, yes? Maybe a large Bowie would be in order?

I think you'll find that a foot long blade is a formidable size for a knife :) In fact, the crossover between a knife and a sword is somewhere between 25 and 30 cm, that is 10 and 12 inches.

The blade I'm looking for is DOUBLE EDGED and 12-14 inches long. But thanks anyway :)

Are you lokking for something like this Celtic blade length is around 52cm overall is 70 cm.
celtic.jpg

Is there some sort of ultimate combat sword league starting up? If there is keep us posted. I do not know if you are aware of it but the Applegate Fairbairn Smatchet might suit your needs:

B-A-F578S.jpg

Your tone is kind of demanding for such a short tenure on the site.

Are you incapable of doing your own research? You seem to have your parameters set. SHould be easy to google swords and then weed out those that do not meet your specs.

Man, it is kind of a leap from those pink elementary school scissors to a short sword, sure
you don't want to try mommys pinking shears first.

Has he been spending a lot of time at the beach this summer or is he an ancient Greek robot?

LOL! :D To be fair I think he's referring to Neil Burridge who does make bronze swords and implements and is trying to do it in as historically accurate a manner as possible. Neil's a really nice guy and does some fantastic work. I think he does have a good tan too, and it's entirely possible that he IS an ancient Greek robot!!! :eek:

Back