short shortsword

There have been a lot of good suggestions, but I'm fairly certain that there are better options

Are you aware of the Applegate Fairborn Smatchet?

B-A-F578S.jpg

I've never heard of that one. Applegate FairBAIRN Smatchet, yes. FairBORN, no. Nor the fairBARN referenced by Nimick. Those must be inferior designs. ;)

Incidentally, William E. Fairbairn also developed the possibly equally famous Fairbairn-Sykes commando knife, which I still really love the styling of. Gotta love all things Fairbairn.

Wow! this thread has given me hope! Smatchet till I die! Fairbairn is the man!
so,some one please stop me if i am wrong.... but we are talking about slashing and sticking.... cuz that would be a smatchet... I guess you could use an Arkansas tooth pick, or a melon knife but last time i checked kitchen knives were for the kitchen!

perhaps its the asthetics that don't appeal to Ultra..can someone connect TWO Smatchets with a chain and make Smachucks? Much more useful in the zombie melee than just one smatchet.

Well may not be a Smatchet, but I snagged this and I think I will be very happy with it.

IMG_4207_zps26143e99.jpg

IMG_4192_zps4f4aa3f4.jpg

I think you might be disappointed :D Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address.

Honestly though one of the better daggers I've seen come through the exchange in some time. The character in the blade is really great.

Who made that one? Nice activity for sure, although the unevenness of the plunges makes me feel better about how hard it is for ME to get my plunges even on daggers. Dagger grinds are HARD.

After spending the time reading this thread, I don't think anybody's mentioned it, but I'd suggest a smatchet. Or maybe a Condor Combat machete.

I think many of you are taking this man's needs too lightly. I would suggest that he contact the Maker's Forum and ask someone if they can make him a custom Smatchet.

I'm disgusted with all the Smatchet suggestions...he needs something totally different:

I just signed up for the forums so I could read a thread or three. Little did I know that I'd have my eyes opened to the goodness that is the smatchet! Now I want one.

=)

Can we get a group buy together on the Applegate Fairbairn Smatchet? Who wants in? Ultra?

Don't know if you're set on a double edged blade, bit the hu die dao (or highbinder knife, or river pirate knife) is a truly wicked blade. This one's only ten inches or so and cuts waaay out of its size class.
image.jpg
And here's an original, bigger one from a thread on vikingsword:
image.jpg
The old ones are paired fairly often.

Halloween is nearly here, so it's time for ghost of AF Smatchet to rise once again, I suggest OP should get Smatchet made by ZT, one look at it and aircraft carriers split in two from fear alone!!!!!

Back