short shortsword

zombie_bump.jpg

It's a well known fact that the only knife that Chuck Norris carries is a smatchet.

When I first saw this thread long ago I kept wondering how a 27 CM smatchet wasn't good enough. That the 30 cm minimum blade length was such a hard rule. I have to wonder if he ever realized that 3 to 8 CM (1 to about 3 inches) is not all that much of a difference.

Hey

I'm looking for a short sword, for very close combat. It must also be able to slash, so it has to be a leaf-shaped blade.

Now, I am FULLY aware of the fairbarn combat smatchet, so mods please kick out anyone who links to one after this warning, thanks. The smatchet in question does not have enough length for my needs.

There is also a bronze swordmaker who makes a model called the "ewart park", this is perfect in shape and construction, but too LONG.

I need something inbetween those two, 30-35 cm. long leaf shaped blade, as short handle as possible (no longer than 15 cm.) Preferrably steel, but anything flies. And yes, it's gonna be used and not for stage combat either..., so make sure it is made to be used.

Please help, as my googling skills have run out.

The Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Smatchet is the answer.

Back