Short sword for battling zombies

Looking to pick up a high quality, but fairly priced short sword for battling zombies for TEOTWAWKI. :D

I'd assume 1095 high carbon steel is the best for this application.

I'd prefer something symmetrical and double edged.

I'd like to keep the price under $300 if possible.

And quality so I can pass it down to my son.

Suggestions?

I dont think you will find a functional one for 300 or less but if you want a real functional short sword head over to cold steel and start watching sword videos. they also have some plastic trainers. whats cool is that they cut raw bones with their swords.

Smatchet, for all your zombie battling needs...

088.jpg

1095 for sure.
I highly recommend a 16+ good quality machete. (ESEE, Condor, Imacasa, Fiddle)
If you shop around, you might could find you a nice Collins!:thumbup:
138175_lg.jpg

It's not 1095 or double edged but a HI Tibetan sword is hand forged, differentially hardened out of 5160 spring steel and tough as hell.Well under 300.00.I have the Short Tibetan sword and have no doubt any Obamy Zombies needing relief would be quick work.

cwvDm9asA3Lw9at2Ybl5etGTCQ

This is mine as well.Himalayan Imports.Quite a bit lighter and very handy.I actually got both for under 300.00 by watching for the DOD.
Very functional.

cwvDm9asA3Lw9bM2Abl5es27jQ

bansh.jpg

The Banshee is a cutting sword first and last.( ZOMBIE CUTTING THAT IS !!!!!!!)
Overall length : 83 cm.
Blade : 53,5 cm High-carbon steel, heat treated for optimum shock absoption and edge retention.
Weight : 820 g.

$245 :) good price !!!

bansh.jpg

The Banshee is a cutting sword first and last.( ZOMBIE CUTTING THAT IS !!!!!!!)
Overall length : 83 cm.
Blade : 53,5 cm High-carbon steel, heat treated for optimum shock absoption and edge retention.
Weight : 820 g.

$245 :) good price !!!

If you like the Banshee head over to cult of athena, much cheaper than $245

There's also the Hanwei Tactical Wakizashi for under $100...:cool:

cas-hanweie28099s-tactical-wakizashi.jpg

Damn you beat me to it.

Sorry, man, the next time someone is looking for advice on battling zombies, vampires, lady gagas, larry king or other varieties of the undead I'll let you throw out the gratuitous smatchet reference. :)

Looking to pick up a high quality, but fairly priced short sword for battling zombies for TEOTWAWKI. :D

I'd assume 1095 high carbon steel is the best for this application.

Suggestions?

Regarding 1095, nothing in it's composition suggests it's good for use as a sword... you want lath martensite for toughness, you want alloying agents that contribute to toughness (small amounts of vanadium, as much nickel as you can get, just a couple examples) plus there's the whole issue of heat treatment response.

S-7, S-5, L-6, 5160... all superior choices, hard but not impossible to find the first 2 in the price range you want;)

Regarding 1095, nothing in it's composition suggests it's good for use as a sword... you want lath martensite for toughness, you want alloying agents that contribute to toughness (small amounts of vanadium, as much nickel as you can get, just a couple examples) plus there's the whole issue of heat treatment response.

S-7, S-5, L-6, 5160... all superior choices, hard but not impossible to find the first 2 in the price range you want;)

You mean like this?
[youtube]j4JdWQSu_c8[/youtube]

:D

Last edited:
I'm old school all the way.

MyKhopesh1.jpg

Egyptian Khopesh by Chris Palmer. A nice sturdy full-tang hunk of 5160.

$209+shipping :cool:

Wow zombies seem to be a big problem these days lol. I was never one much for the tactical themed designs but I do like the Hanwei tactical for some reason, it just appeals.

I'm old school all the way.

MyKhopesh1.jpg

Egyptian Khopesh by Chris Palmer. A nice sturdy full-tang hunk of 5160.

$209+shipping :cool:

That's cool.Like King David with an addition of an intestine ripper outer."That's a technical term for you non-academics"
You get a sheath with that?

If you like the Banshee head over to cult of athena, much cheaper than $245

And besides, compared to the Hanwei tactical wakizashi (which I also own), it's a bit longer, so there is a bit of a less chance of being splashed with zombie goo (and getting contaminated). I suggest beheading them from the side of them, not directly from the front.

Back