Short sword for battling zombies

I'd go for a warhammer any day for zombies.
For swords though, Anything that favors cleaving over thrusting.
Probably a Messer :U

With a naginata, one swing and your targets are now inside your necessary swing radius.

Don't you mean, "one swing and there are no targets remaining within your necessary swing radius?"

:p

Naginata and Quan Dao are powerful weapons, and if you think it's so easy to get inside the swing radius of someone who knows how to use one, you should try fighting someone who is even somewhat good with them some time... There's a reason that a good staff wielder will generally beat a sword wielder of comparable skill.

A pu dao could be a good coice vs. a quan dao. It's sort of a pseudo-polearm. A nagamaki would be a decent alternative to a naginata as well.

Probably a Messer :U

I agree. Until I get one I just have a machete on a bat:

DSC01522.JPG

DSC01529.JPG

Really old bat I got for a buck at a garage sale, and a 1942 Collins machete from another sale. I cut down the bat and sawed a groove in it. Used an angle grinder on the machete handle to conform it to the bat groove. Brass pins through the bat to go through the original machete handle holes and secured with epoxy. False sinew over that handle section.

The faces are from Roosevelt elk leg bone I brought back from the Olympic mountains. Trying to teach myself something about inlaying.... the carvings are based on old viking art. Used dremel stylus and needle files on the bone inlays. The drake-vines are a combination of dremel and micro-chisels, also inspired by old viking art. Colored with wood stain in the end, and the whole bit coated with poly. It's a machete so not the meatiest blade but it's got reach and good leverage with the handle. That old Collins has a lethal cutlass profile.

Thanks for asking.

pullrich thats pretty cool!
I have an old bat and a spare machete, i might just try that mod!

If you like the Banshee head over to cult of athena, much cheaper than $245

This would be my vote too..

Close second would be cold steel machete range..

and this

Cold steel 2 handed latin machete

$40 delivered to my door in AUS, cheaper in the US..

Last edited:
This would be my vote too..

Close second would be cold steel machete range..

and this

Cold steel 2 handed latin machete

$40 delivered to my door in AUS, cheaper in the US..

As thin as those things are, it seems like one that long would be wabbly as all heck

Thanks, BePrepared. That top one's available. :D

If you are ever around San Antonio and would like to swing by the shop, let me know. I've just moved south of town a little ways, but it's just a 15 minute drive from downtown.

As thin as those things are, it seems like one that long would be wabbly as all heck

I'll be able to let you know soon... I have one en-route.

My mate has the bowie machete and its an excellent tool :) Very sturdy...

My only critique would be the handles are quite thin and I expect I'll be adding something as I like a beefy grip..

Storm crow... They are just awesome :)

I know your trying to stick to a budget, but here are a few examples of our sword designs. Tactical, and VERY Durable. (watch the video) they are made form 5/16in thick 5160.
If nothing else, It gives you something to look at to help you decide what you want. The one closest to your budget would be the M-3 we sell that for $385.00 but that does include shipping, and a Kydex sheath.

I do have a few Cas Tactical practical Waki's, but Cas has raised there prices, You used to be able to get them for around $90. but they are no longer available at that price.most sites (that have updated there info) now sell them for $198.00

3ones 002.jpgIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0008-001.jpgIMG_0009-001.jpg

Back