Short sword for battling zombies

Its really beautiful one.And blade quality shows the sharpness and quality of the knife.
(( obedience training spam ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Some teaser pics of an ongoing project. :D

CIMG0907.jpg

Three of these shipped out to Darrin Sanders today to get scales and an edge. Natural canvas micarta and brass pins are the flavor of choice on these. :):thumbup:

Huawei-sword on eBay can forge you a double edged straight blade of any length for under $300 (usually a little over $200). Their hand wrap / fittings quality is somewhat inconsistent, but their blades are very high quality.

Here's a sample. This was about $180 iirc. You can obviously get it with a different color sheath and a hand wrap / guard for a bit more. Probably close to $250.

Not in the price range, and also not for sale, but I thought I'd share my current in-progress Zombie killer. Hard to find a custom double edge in that range.. but many wakazashi's etc are easily under that.

3/16" O1 tool steel.. Makes very good blades.. 13.5", OAL 19.5"
[youtube]SsHmlFC1tB4[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsHmlFC1tB4

I think you may want to hit up some custom makers. It probably won't be under $300, but could very well be cheaper than the Busse.

Justin Gingrich of Ranger Knives made a really nice bush sword to a customer's design. Probably my second favorite short sword.
1239241518-1239232755-kyle1_001.jpg

[youtube]IyLZa4b9kHQ[/youtube]

I'll second that one seeing as its my design and my shortsword. Justin did a great job on this, but it was closer to $500USD.. without a mirror polish its a reasonable amount cheaper.

You can't just leave that maquahuitl hanging out there and NOT tell its story. Who made it, specs and steel lets go brother!

You can't just leave that maquahuitl hanging out there and NOT tell its story. Who made it, specs and steel lets go brother!

It’s a Macuahuitl , I made it out of an old axe handle. The blades are spring steel, they are held together be a few pins I drilled trough the wood, and welded them in place. It’s not traditional, but it is functional. So far it has been an excellent pumpkin killer.

The Aztec sword is part of my heritage, and in the army we use it a lot as a symbol of strength. I made this one to hang in my office as a reminder of my warrior ancestry. And if ever a zombie out brake does happen, I will use it to fight my way out of the office.

aztec.jpg

cheness tenchi, or if you want shorter than a 28 inch blade, tenchi ko katana. all under 300, all compared to swords 3 times their value and all tested and proven to be capable of both slicing extremely well as well as holding up to ungodly amounts of abuse. plus they handle very well.

A picture of the completed sword/machete hybrid I posted earlier in the thread.

OberstProtoSmall.jpg

Back