Short sword for battling zombies

there is no such thing as zombies

...... and why the hell did I buy this? :)

1311737337.jpg

That was the inspiration, actually! Glad you can see the resemblance! :D

lol

how does that zombie killer feel in hand?

I love it. The grip is perfect for my larger hand. The texture is really nice to.

Honestly for the price...... you can't beat it with a stick. (but you can beat a stick with it) *hides*

Mostly we just use a tactical bread knife since they tend to attack around here in the kitchen first, and the knife drawer is handy. But, if you are serious about zombie defense and actively going after them, I need you to answer one question first, African or European zombies?

I might go for one of these: a Western Visayan (Philippines) ginunting. Ebony handle and scabbard for $179 shipped!

tumblr_lyp2i7VgFU1qcmmjy.jpg

Just went through the whole thread and am surprised the Condor Combat Machete never got a mention. Zombie killing on a budget! :) I've beaten on mine and it asks for more. Doesn't outchop the HI Tamang or Battle Rat, but I don't expect it too...here's a weak pic...

IMG_3653.jpg

Last edited:
There is a Scrapizashi currently up for sale in the Busse WTS forum in case anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with seller just though I'd let people know in case the OP was looking for one. I'll post a picture of my collection once I get my next shipment in.

Wow this thread has a lot of views!

I'd have to say even 1.5 years later after getting my Tactical Gladius by John Gage I couldn't be happier. It's the best looking gladius I've seen to this date & as real & sharp as you could ever want & is an heirloom at this point.

It’s a Macuahuitl , I made it out of an old axe handle. The blades are spring steel, they are held together be a few pins I drilled trough the wood, and welded them in place. It’s not traditional, but it is functional. So far it has been an excellent pumpkin killer.

The Aztec sword is part of my heritage, and in the army we use it a lot as a symbol of strength. I made this one to hang in my office as a reminder of my warrior ancestry. And if ever a zombie out brake does happen, I will use it to fight my way out of the office.

aztec.jpg

Dude, that is SWEET!

For zombies wouldn't you be better off with something like a naginata to keep them as far away as possible while slicing them up?

I'd say that's what the rifle and pistol are for.

By the time you get down to hack and slash, i think something with a handle that long would be a huge liability if you were dealing with more than one or 2 zombs

A short sword has much more ability to engage multiple targets. With a naginata, one swing and your targets are now inside your necessary swing radius.

I'd say that's what the rifle and pistol are for.

By the time you get down to hack and slash, i think something with a handle that long would be a huge liability if you were dealing with more than one or 2 zombs

A short sword has much more ability to engage multiple targets. With a naginata, one swing and your targets are now inside your necessary swing radius.

That's when you shorten your grip on the naginata. :D Personally I'd want a jumonji yari for an anti-zombie spear-like polearm. Though I think a bec de corbin or lucerne hammer would make more sense.

Back