ShortNess - Order List

All the handles are done for the "Rush" ShortNess knives - with any luck I'll have them glued-up and finished and ready to ship Thu/Fri. :thumbup:

arislan - thanks!

Dan

my plan to have these done before Jan 1 took a major hit.

I will post pics once I have them glued up - thanks for the check-in.

Hopefully today!!

Dan

Glued up!

ShortNessGlueUp011513.jpg

Remind me what finish you want on it - I assume handrubbed to 600 grit?

By the way - I finish all flat grinds after glue-up. For any of those wondering about the coloring on the blades. It's easier to flat grind a knife...especially the finer grits...if I have a handle to hold onto instead of just a bare blade.

Scandi-grinds have to be finished before glue-up.

Dan

Remind me what finish you want on it - I assume handrubbed to 600 grit?

Would a stonewashed finish be doable? I would prefer a working finish but if not the 600 grit would be fine. I would also like the scales bead blasted for the extra texture. Thanks!

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Problem is this is very soft material....so it's a risk if I blast it and it doesn't turn out well...I'll have to re-sand it taking the overall thickness down more.

Here's a progress pic!

149519_579525372061240_1037425065_n.jpg

Dan

Just followed the link and they all look great! Any chance of a glow in the dark shot of mine after it has been charged in the light? I hate to ask but it could be awhile before I get my hands on it because it will be waiting for a full damascus necker to join it before it ships from my sheath guy followed by a 2-4 wk trip to me! I think this is the best of the nessmuks size wise which makes it a more useful tool than either of the smaller or larger nessmuks I have from Dan. They are all great but I think this one will get the most carry time. Thanks again!

I tried a couple, but they didn't turn out right - I'll see if I can get one today. :thumbup:

I assume you are using a point and shoot so use the night mode and a tripod or place the camera on something to steady the shot makes a big difference in low light photography.

I apologize for being a bit late on these - but the quality is definitely there!!

Butch is making the leather sheaths right now - should be done by Tues/Wed and then they'll ship.

I made the kydex sheaths today and will ship Sat/Mon.

:thumbup:

Dan

Back