SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Didn't see much interest in the new debut of any models really. Spyderco had the only good news about quarterly releases. Showed off another trendy knife, pm2 tanto.

Zt with knives that are for a new generation unlike the past.

Benchmade... Are becoming cold steel.

We knives is the new brous.

Not a fan of Kizer but they have the gemini in carbon fiber now.

Buck has some new knives in micarta and carbon fiber scales. There sprint series.

Protech being Protech.

Boker usa movin on up using Protech and houge for good quality...so this is good to hear since there Chinese line is so bad imho.

Kershaw.... Eh. They have some new slt budget knives. Not my thing. They are speed safe sadly. Apistle (sp?) looks nice. Not sure where it's made.

Gerber... Eh the keynote looks like a medovade knife. Not sure if that was intentional or not. Fastball might be interesting they haven't had big luck with these types of knives before. Looks nice. The slipjoint looks cool, it's called the straight lace iirc. And the wing tip is the smaller version. Hipster knife called the quadrant.

Last edited:
A youtube search for "shot show 2019" produces plenty of stuff to ogle. I'd link a couple, but they're branded by a non-sponsoring vendor, so I won't.

WE is showing probably 100 models, demonstrating to a room full of envious competitors what it means to have an efficient design and production cycle, and how once you've accomplished that, the only thing left to do is throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

ZT is producing more stuff that's so off-brand (miniature flippers and new colors of "carbon" fiber that can't be carbon because carbon is black) that it's ruining their brand.

Kizer and Boker are showing more new Chinese-made knives designed for people who want "value" but for some reason can't buy Kershaw or Ontario.

Same old.

Spyderco is showing the Rassenti Paysan again. They're still debating whether it's ready to be released to the public, or if it needs adjustments to look like an inside out hippopotamus first.

A youtube search for "shot show 2019" produces plenty of stuff to ogle. I'd link a couple, but they're branded by a non-sponsoring vendor, so I won't.

WE is showing probably 100 models, demonstrating to a room full of envious competitors what it means to have an efficient design and production cycle, and how once you've accomplished that, the only thing left to do is throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

ZT is producing more stuff that's so off-brand (miniature flippers and new colors of "carbon" fiber that can't be carbon because carbon is black) that it's ruining their brand.

Kizer and Boker are showing more new Chinese-made knives designed for people who want "value" but for some reason can't buy Kershaw or Ontario.

Same old.

Spyderco is showing the Rassenti Paysan again. They're still debating whether it's ready to be released to the public, or if it needs adjustments to look like an inside out hippopotamus first.
LOL.

Exactly what I was expecting. >_>

I've found a couple that I like, but it's all oddfish, off in the weeds stuff.

Cold Steel/Demko AD-10, with a 3.5" blade. If it has steel liners, and doesn't cost $500, I may finally find a CS product that I don't end up reselling.

SWfYjoo.jpg

Condor Compact Kephart

k7aehep.jpg

I don't like alliteration, but I do like the knife.

We Knives Gentry

U8DrQBB.jpg

I like modern interpretations of classic knife patterns, so this is something I'm very interested in. At $188, MSRP, I may wait until they iterate the color choices.

The Protech/Les George Rockeye/SBR (I think I got that close enough), looked like some tactical fun, but from experience, I don't end up carrying a sub 3" blade. This goes for the Condor mentioned above, but that's beside the point.

The Kizer/Laconico Yorkie, because I'm a Laconico fanboy (on a "production knife" budget), but I've got a good plenty Ti-frame knives already. Maybe some other time.

Last edited:
Things have kind of changed, I already new about all the knives I would be most interested in. I'm trying to make a list of 5 knives from shot show that are really exciting and I am really struggling to get five. We've known about all the good stuff for over a year in most cases and a couple weeks for everything else. Shot show so far has nothing new that we haven't seen. Still a little more time but even the companies that haven't been covered by any youtube vids yet we basically know what they have planned for 2019.

Didn't see much interest in the new debut of any models really. Spyderco had the only good news about quarterly releases. Showed off another trendy knife, pm2 tanto.

:eek::eek::eek:

No, they didn't, you should be banned for spreading these filthy lies about such blasphemy. A tanto PM2? HERESY.

Because surely you're making that up. Surely.

No big surprises so far. It's all been pretty par for the course, like I expected. No real shakeups.

A "baby BOB" too.

VqYy1mu.jpg

This is a knife that I like the concept of, more than the execution. The idea it evokes, of quiet nights spent around a campfire, is very appealing.

But I like my hot showers, box-spring bed, and coffee maker a little too much.

:eek::eek::eek:

No, they didn't, you should be banned for spreading these filthy lies about such blasphemy. A tanto PM2? HERESY.

Because surely you're making that up. Surely.
I hope your joking. They showed off a hand ground pm2 tanto on bladehq yt page. It's trendy af. I didn't say they were bringing it to market or anything ... They asked viewers what they think. I think it's trendy af and will probably go into production because of trends.

I hope your joking. They showed off a hand ground pm2 tanto on bladehq yt page. It's trendy af. I didn't say they were bringing it to market or anything ... They asked viewers what they think. I think it's trendy af and will probably go into production because of trends.

I mean, I was absolutely being facetious, I'm guessing it wasn't apparent as I thought.

Back