SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

A "baby BOB" too.

VqYy1mu.jpg

This is a knife that I like the concept of, more than the execution. The idea it evokes, of quiet nights spent around a campfire, is very appealing.

But I like my hot showers, box-spring bed, and coffee maker a little too much.

Now this is pretty cool. I have the fullsize BOB as well as the folding version. I'll definitely pick up this little guy.

It was fine, more or less I was the problem. I just wanted to make sure.
I'm actually still trying to picture a mental image of what a tanto PM2 would even look like, to be honest with you. It's not flattering either way, ya know?

I'm actually still trying to picture a mental image of what a tanto PM2 would even look like, to be honest with you. It's not flattering either way, ya know?
It's a stretch for me to picture a tanto PM2. Now, if you had a PM grip with a D'Allara blade...that would be sweet.

If this is largely representative of this year's offerings from the major companies, it looks like I'll be saving a considerable amount of money just from complete lack of temptation.

That scorpion-lock Cold Steel looks interesting, but, man, it's not like I'm short on S35VN options in the $100-150 range... and I already have a Recon 1 with a blade shape I like better.

Kershaw is definitely going off the damned walls with their designs, which I appreciate. I hope the WE Isham designs hit the streets with a more stomachable price than $200+, as that's what has been keeping me away. If not, whatever - again, not like I really need more shiny sharp things clawing away at my self control.

Ev

Every time I think "Tanto PM2," I just get a picture of a Lum Tanto folder. I guess a compression lock Lum tanto would be kind of interesting.

If this is largely representative of this year's offerings from the major companies, it looks like I'll be saving a considerable amount of money just from complete lack of temptation.

Sometimes I think I'll switch between my gun and knife hobbies every five years. That way every time I come back, it's more likely there will be something new to look at.

:eek::eek::eek:

No, they didn't, you should be banned for spreading these filthy lies about such blasphemy. A tanto PM2? HERESY.

Because surely you're making that up. Surely.

Correct response: No, and don't call me Shirley :p

I am just patiently waiting for the Cold Steel Demkos to hit the market. Then they're going to be mine.

Same here...well, at least the AD15, since I already have a 4-Max.

Yeah, the red pivot, clip and spacer with the marbled CF is real, real nice. I would really like to see some of those materials and color schemes make their way to the 110/112 lines, particularly the Slim ones.

A shame about the aggressive jimping on the blade of the marbled one. The blade shape of the basics with that color scheme would be sweet.

A shame about the aggressive jimping on the blade of the marbled one. The blade shape of the basics with that color scheme would be sweet.
I don’t think the jimping is as aggressive as it looks. If you find a top down view it looks more decorative.

I don’t think the jimping is as aggressive as it looks. If you find a top down view it looks more decorative.

Any jimping is too much for my tastes, so it's far too much for my preference even if they're fully rounded. :D

I am just patiently waiting for the Cold Steel Demkos to hit the market. Then they're going to be mine.
I'm really liking the Link removed, read the site rules. with the Tanto blade :cool:, Got to have me one

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a stretch for me to picture a tanto PM2. Now, if you had a PM grip with a D'Allara blade...that would be sweet.

It looks really good, sort of like Spyderco Bob Lumesque.

You can see it at the end of the 2019 shot show Spyderco video.

Only a couple things I’m a little interested in. The multi cam Gerber empower Cold Steel AD15 the Hogue compound maybe the Benchmade Turret. Maybe the Case/Bose bullnose but probably not sense it is 4.5 closed and likely $450 with a decline in quality from earlier years

kL2Vyiy.jpg

That's kinda interesting because it's legal to carry here. Not my usual way of doing things but could be a fun middle finger in a sheath so to speak, given that a Spyderco Delica isn't legal to carry.

Back