1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ASBOB, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I don't mind it too much. I generally feel the same way you do about jimping, but that's not a place I really put my thumb for harder cuts and it does look kinda neat. ;)

2. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    It looks like it's just CF weave with glow in the dark resin and possibly the substitution of a few of the plies of CF with fiberglass or some other clear fiber weave for better transparency. It looks like it's still mostly CF, and still should be more than strong and stiff enough for knife bolsters.

eon blue apocalypse, Lapedog and Mo2 like this.
  3. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    2019 looks pretty dismal for knives,most of the offerings are ugly ;the elongated hole in the blade trend is one I hate. looks like ill get the cs ad10 ad15 and call it a year..

4mer_FMF and FortyTwoBlades like this.
  4. cbrstar

cbrstar Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Here's the pic that's been floating around on the Spyderco FB page.

[​IMG]

5. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    That...uh....that's less bad than I was picturing. I don't know that I'd purchase one, but those grinds are (typical Spyderco) clean.

POCEH KOCEB, Lapedog and cbrstar like this.
  6. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    You know, that doesn't look that bad. I could live with that. The question is how often would I use a tanto?

7. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    That’s a whole bunch of sexy

8. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I’m with @b00n.

Dear Spyderco,

Where is the Paysan?

That is all.

VernonRemington, Mo2 and b00n like this.
  9. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Before I watched the BladeHQ video on the new SOG lineup, I decided I'd play a drinking game: take a shot every time someone mentions SEALS/SpecOps. Unfortunately, I have now died from alchohol poisoning.

It's really too bad that I died because it looks like those high-speed types managed to design a nice suburban EDC knife.

Lapedog, Therom, craytab and 12 others like this.
  10. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I might have to get one of those Buck folders that was shown in this thread. Certainly its sad if a knife maniac has all these knives from almost every other brand but Buck. I also want a Endura wharncliffe.

Mo2 and SpySmasher like this.
  11. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    I've shot new product videos for SOG (as seen earlier in the thread), Kershaw, ZT, Benchmade, Buck, Spyderco, CRKT, Emerson, RMJ, Hogue, Kizer & WE so far. I have an appointment with Ontario tomorrow and am going to try to hit TOPS before or after... I need to link up with Cold Steel but haven't been able to get in contact with them. I got a KA-BAR vid with Ethan for the BK62 but wasn't able to get time to do the rest of the new products.

presz, mqqn, Lapedog and 9 others like this.
  12. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    I just finished uploading my Kershaw video; had to trim off two of the new Launch knives so I'll try to go back and reshoot those tomorrow if possible. Note to self: editing video on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet is NOT optimal! Pardon the shakey cam and terrible editing, I am learning as I go. (Video quality is at 360p until youtube's servers finish processing it, then it'll go up to 1080)

mqqn, Nixelplix, SpySmasher and 2 others like this.
  13. vanadium

vanadium Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2003
    TOPS was showing a beard comb and a "tac razor" and this backdrop in their booth:

[​IMG]

If I hear one more specwar cosplay sales rep tell me about "operators" I'm gonna have to take my mokuti knuck out of its microfiber pouch.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  14. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Gotta say, I like their both the SEAL XR and that Terminus in red G10 quite a lot, though. I'm hoping I won't loose too much of my operator cred when I only use them to open boxes and not to cut down any trees or deanimate tangos. I might use it to cut up a mango, though.

SpySmasher and Pilsner like this.
  15. jwh720

jwh720 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2016
    The Buck sprint has caught my eye but other than that the Protech Les George is the only knife that is on my list.

16. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    New advertising campaign!

Regular Guy Knives: Medium Speed, Some Drag.

17. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    "We gave our prototype to an elite team of warehouse workers and office drones. On the job, we estimate they used it to open 28 boxes, cut up 13 apples and carved at least 3 obscenities into a picnic table."

18. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Not sure if this is true, but I was told a few years back that the owners of that little firm laugh hysterically about their marketing efforts. As in laugh all the way to the bank.

19. vanadium

vanadium Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2003
    MANGO DOWN!!
    [​IMG]

20. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Video unavailable. :)