1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ASBOB, Jan 22, 2019.

1. folder geek

folder geek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2012
    That's fricken priceless. CM is laughing his ass off right now.
    Respect

FullMetalJackass and vanadium like this.
  2. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Steel will indicated that the ant lock is just "months" away, so there's that.

Mo2 likes this.
  3. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I think they've been saying that for two years.

4. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Whoops, haha made the video private, it's public now.

5. Durham68

Durham68 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2015
    I like that CRKT is doing a budget version of Ken Onion's Slacker, but WTH is 1.4116?

6. marrenmiller

Apr 6, 2017
    You are correct, but they showed off a new model with it, it has a name now, and they're indicating it's out shortly. I think it's the real thing this time.

SpySmasher likes this.
  7. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    To be fair, 2 years is, technically, just months. Large numbers of them.

8. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Reported...

b00n likes this.
  9. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    It's a steel commonly used by major culinary knife manufacturers. High corrosion resistance, moderate to low edge retention, but tough and easily sharpened.

Durham68 likes this.
  10. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    And don't forget, Regular Knife Guy: Been nearby, done some of it. :thumbsup:

madcap_magician likes this.
  11. bruno_go

bruno_go

May 19, 2015
    Being honest, since 2013-2014 only two new models released really caught my attention to the point of wanting to buy them. Coincidentally they were from Benchmade. Presidio II and Crooked River. However, from the Crooked River I have even lost the "enchatment".

On 2019, AGAIN, nothing get my attention on dedicated blades. Exception are the new Leatherman MT´s

12. marrenmiller

Apr 6, 2017
    I just asked them if they were making the F9 ant lock, which is the model they showed off 2 years ago, and they said no. My excitement is completely gone now.

Insipid Moniker and SpySmasher like this.
  13. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    In other words highly overpriced at the cost that CRKT is requiring for them...

marrenmiller and Mo2 like this.
  14. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    Don't think it's been mentioned yet but Strider also released a new Hissatsu grind SMF. Basically a Tanto but with a steeper grind. Weird thing is they were also released by a couple of Strider dealers at the same time (and just about immediately sold out). These will have the newer AL show side scale.. I didn't want to steal anyone's pictures but they should still be up on ME or BLG still. (Mine won't be here til Saturday..)

15. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Based p. The videos I have watched so far only the PM3 LW has really caught my attention
    I will wait for the “teased” future color/steels to pick one
    A maxamet or zome version would be my pick

16. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    That's what CRKT always does, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. :p Seriously, they've had a number of designs over the years I'd have been happy to pick up if the steel was just one tier better. I'm not sure why they insist on using the stuff they do, but if they just took one step up in the steel department they'd suddenly be a much heavier hitter of a company.

Lapedog, LG&M, xraso and 2 others like this.
  17. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Yup. I straight up want a Seismic, largely just to see what the Deadbolt Lock is all about, and even with AUS8 or similar I would likely order one, but I'm struggling to drop $85 on 1.4116.

FortyTwoBlades likes this.
  18. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    09760E67-7C0C-4178-898C-0967FE51D92A.jpeg I still haven’t bought one of these retractable clip Lionsteel from last year!!!

Idahonotu and onionfan like this.
  19. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    This year for knives is over before it started....

marrenmiller likes this.
  20. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Oh, man, just saw the Viper Key slipjoint and might have to rearrange some knife priorities. I really wish it had a pocket clip, but that is very, very pretty.