SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Here's the pic that's been floating around on the Spyderco FB page.

W6bv4Px.jpg

In other words highly overpriced at the cost that CRKT is requiring for them...

That's what CRKT always does, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. :p Seriously, they've had a number of designs over the years I'd have been happy to pick up if the steel was just one tier better. I'm not sure why they insist on using the stuff they do, but if they just took one step up in the steel department they'd suddenly be a much heavier hitter of a company.
Even if they would use a good steel... The heat treatment would purposely be softer. They don't know the meaning of fine grain structure or hardness above 55hrc.
So for me, it doesn't matter if they s35vn or m390 all the things. It's still not worth it.

Don't think it's been mentioned yet but Strider also released a new Hissatsu grind SMF. Basically a Tanto but with a steeper grind. Weird thing is they were also released by a couple of Strider dealers at the same time (and just about immediately sold out). These will have the newer AL show side scale.. I didn't want to steal anyone's pictures but they should still be up on ME or BLG still. (Mine won't be here til Saturday..)
dunno if you've seen this before, but this is what most of us think of strider

Https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mick-strider-has-some-explaining-to-do.453852/

Condor seems like they're off in the weeds this year. Their focus has been slipping the past several cycles and it's not getting better. Only a couple of models that are remotely interesting to me, and that makes me sad.
They have seemed to dramatically change their entire modus operandi over the last 2-3 years.

Even if they would use a good steel... The heat treatment would purposely be softer. They don't know the meaning of fine grain structure or hardness above 55hrc.
So for me, it doesn't matter if they s35vn or m390 all the things. It's still not worth it.

This. Kershaw is using the same steel on their budget knives, and they get 2X or better the edge retention. I like CRKT, but from my own experience, 1 out of every 7 knives you buy just won't get sharp.

Just saw a new Matt Graham Tops design...a medium'ish barong that looks good to me!

I have a 5" Street Barong by Jim Bensinger and the blade shape is very useful and versatile.

Just saw a new Matt Graham Tops design...a medium'ish barong that looks good to me!
I saw that too. Thinner blade than we typically see nowadays for a knife that size. That was one of the few I've seen announced at Shot that interested me.

Https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mick-strider-has-some-explaining-to-do.453852/
Eh if his knifes are what I like I couldn’t care less about his personal business.

MOST of us seems a little ambitious. Both of those drops I mentioned sold out in less than 10 minutes. It is what it is.

Oh, man, just saw the Viper Key slipjoint and might have to rearrange some knife priorities. I really wish it had a pocket clip, but that is very, very pretty.

I hate you.

Just had to make me go watch a video on Viper's offerings for this year, I usually don't look at Viper's offerings because nothing they have made in years past has spoken to me.

Fan Boys will be fanboys.

Right, name-calling wins the day yet again.. was there something untrue in what I said? Do you have any actual facts to back up that MOST of the users here don't like Strider KNIVES? Or are you just ASSuming that since you don't like them that no one should? Or think that the vocal .001% here who dislike Mick personally, be it right or wrong, who show up every time Strider is mentioned here is somehow MOST? Because it SEEMS that it's always the same 10-20 people.. out of a forum of how many thousand? How long do MOST Striders sit in the for sale forums here? Do you have any facts to support your unproven statement? I'm not telling anyone to go buy them, I stated a FACT that a new Strider knife was released at SHOT which is what the thread was about, do what you want with that information as I do not care what you do one way or the other.

Notice how I didn't call you any names to make my point? Name calling is what people without facts to back their argument up use as proof of something.. it's not.

Notice how I didn't call you any names to make my point? Name calling is what people without facts to back their argument up use as proof of something.. it's not.
You kind-of called him an ass. And I don't think he was calling you a fanboy, just the people who bought the knife.

Just sayin'.

Probably no reason for either of you to be angry.

Last edited:
Eh if his knifes are what I like I couldn’t care less about his personal business.

No offense but rethink that, or at least draw a line somewhere. It's one thing to give somebody a second chance but you don't need to support every POS just cause they happen to have a skill outside their questionable behavior.

Reactions: Mo2
I’m oddly interested in the tops Japanese butcher knife looking thing. And the new tac raz blade.

I also am liking the gerber straight razor looking knives. Really any pocket butcher / straight razor looking blades

You kind-of called him an ass. And I don't think he was calling you a fanboy, just the people who bought the knife.

Just sayin'.

Probably no reason for either of you to be angry.

I usually write ASSume that way as a play on what happens when you ASSume, you make an ass out of u and me.. Did not mean it as an insult and I apologize if it came across that way.

Only Fanboys buy Striders? I'm pretty sure I don't fall directly into anyone's camp specifically, I just like Strider SMFs. I was never a fan of the rabid Fanbois either but I haven't seen one in a while.. IMHO some of the anti fanbois were/are just as bad as the fanbois though.

And I'm not mad about anything, this was a post about SHOT and what was released there. The new Hissatsu grind SMF was. Which is why I posted it. Nothing to do with knife politics, it is a provable fact.

Right, name-calling wins the day yet again.. was there something untrue in what I said? Do you have any actual facts to back up that MOST of the users here don't like Strider KNIVES? Or are you just ASSuming that since you don't like them that no one should? Or think that the vocal .001% here who dislike Mick personally, be it right or wrong, who show up every time Strider is mentioned here is somehow MOST? Because it SEEMS that it's always the same 10-20 people.. out of a forum of how many thousand? How long do MOST Striders sit in the for sale forums here? Do you have any facts to support your unproven statement? I'm not telling anyone to go buy them, I stated a FACT that a new Strider knife was released at SHOT which is what the thread was about, do what you want with that information as I do not care what you do one way or the other.

You do know that Spark is one of that, ahem, 0.001%, right? Perhaps, if you don't care for the folks that think Mick is an irredeemable scumbag, you shouldn't wander around the forum belonging to the guy that helped expose him as such?

I usually write ASSume that way as a play on what happens when you ASSume, you make an ass out of u and me.. Did not mean it as an insult and I apologize if it came across that way. ... And I'm not mad about anything ...
OK, gotcha. :thumbsup:

I probably should've just kept my nose out of it. :)

Back