1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ASBOB, Jan 22, 2019.

1. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008

2. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008
    I like Tanto style blades,its a PM2...they would sell a million of them.

Yo Mama likes this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Even if they would use a good steel... The heat treatment would purposely be softer. They don't know the meaning of fine grain structure or hardness above 55hrc.
    So for me, it doesn't matter if they s35vn or m390 all the things. It's still not worth it.

dunno if you've seen this before, but this is what most of us think of strider

Https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mick-strider-has-some-explaining-to-do.453852/

4. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Condor seems like they're off in the weeds this year. Their focus has been slipping the past several cycles and it's not getting better. Only a couple of models that are remotely interesting to me, and that makes me sad.

5. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    They have seemed to dramatically change their entire modus operandi over the last 2-3 years.

FortyTwoBlades likes this.
  6. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011

This. Kershaw is using the same steel on their budget knives, and they get 2X or better the edge retention. I like CRKT, but from my own experience, 1 out of every 7 knives you buy just won't get sharp.

7. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Just saw a new Matt Graham Tops design...a medium'ish barong that looks good to me!

I have a 5" Street Barong by Jim Bensinger and the blade shape is very useful and versatile.

Blacplastik likes this.
  8. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    I saw that too. Thinner blade than we typically see nowadays for a knife that size. That was one of the few I've seen announced at Shot that interested me.

9. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Designed for Operators, by Operators, down the street from Operators, on the other end of the line from Operators. {Snort!}

[​IMG]

Dr Heelhook, Lapedog, LG&M and 12 others like this.
  10. Blacplastik

Blacplastik

Sep 7, 2017
    Eh if his knifes are what I like I couldn’t care less about his personal business.

OilMan likes this.
  11. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    MOST of us seems a little ambitious. Both of those drops I mentioned sold out in less than 10 minutes. It is what it is.

12. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I hate you.

Just had to make me go watch a video on Viper's offerings for this year, I usually don't look at Viper's offerings because nothing they have made in years past has spoken to me.

Insipid Moniker likes this.
  13. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Fan Boys will be fanboys.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  14. OilMan

May 6, 2004
    Right, name-calling wins the day yet again.. was there something untrue in what I said? Do you have any actual facts to back up that MOST of the users here don't like Strider KNIVES? Or are you just ASSuming that since you don't like them that no one should? Or think that the vocal .001% here who dislike Mick personally, be it right or wrong, who show up every time Strider is mentioned here is somehow MOST? Because it SEEMS that it's always the same 10-20 people.. out of a forum of how many thousand? How long do MOST Striders sit in the for sale forums here? Do you have any facts to support your unproven statement? I'm not telling anyone to go buy them, I stated a FACT that a new Strider knife was released at SHOT which is what the thread was about, do what you want with that information as I do not care what you do one way or the other.

Notice how I didn't call you any names to make my point? Name calling is what people without facts to back their argument up use as proof of something.. it's not.

15. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    You kind-of called him an ass. And I don't think he was calling you a fanboy, just the people who bought the knife.

Just sayin'.

Probably no reason for either of you to be angry.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  16. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    No offense but rethink that, or at least draw a line somewhere. It's one thing to give somebody a second chance but you don't need to support every POS just cause they happen to have a skill outside their questionable behavior.

Mo2 likes this.
  17. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I’m oddly interested in the tops Japanese butcher knife looking thing. And the new tac raz blade.

I also am liking the gerber straight razor looking knives. Really any pocket butcher / straight razor looking blades

Lapedog likes this.
  18. OilMan

May 6, 2004
    I usually write ASSume that way as a play on what happens when you ASSume, you make an ass out of u and me.. Did not mean it as an insult and I apologize if it came across that way.

Only Fanboys buy Striders? I'm pretty sure I don't fall directly into anyone's camp specifically, I just like Strider SMFs. I was never a fan of the rabid Fanbois either but I haven't seen one in a while.. IMHO some of the anti fanbois were/are just as bad as the fanbois though.

And I'm not mad about anything, this was a post about SHOT and what was released there. The new Hissatsu grind SMF was. Which is why I posted it. Nothing to do with knife politics, it is a provable fact.

19. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    You do know that Spark is one of that, ahem, 0.001%, right? Perhaps, if you don't care for the folks that think Mick is an irredeemable scumbag, you shouldn't wander around the forum belonging to the guy that helped expose him as such?

craytab, Mo2 and Quiet like this.
  20. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    OK, gotcha. :thumbsup:

I probably should've just kept my nose out of it. :)

OilMan likes this.