Shot show Buckmaster info

I've bit my tongue as long as I can...lol

Hollow handle knives are for movies (thanks Raven). Just not as strong and reliable as a full tang.

Why on earth would an elite warrior even consider taking one of his survival tools and potential last line of defense weapon out of its scabbard, tie a string to it and hook it into a rock outcropping to tether his lunch for later and risk losing that piece of kit???

Right... it's not going to happen. If they're trained to do so, that is mind boggling as well.

Looks like crafty marketing to me.

Perhaps it was discontinued because the Tambo movies ran their course?

My opinion of course, which I'm allowed.
yes Sir you are.

this part got me chuckling. "tie a string to it and hook it into a rock outcropping to tether his lunch for later"

I'm gonna stay out of operation aspects as I'm no seal/special forces and have no idear, but I did enjoy your take and how ya put it.

yes Sir you are.

this part got me chuckling. "tie a string to it and hook it into a rock outcropping to tether his lunch for later"

I'm gonna stay out of operation aspects as I'm no seal/special forces and have no idear, but I did enjoy your take and how ya put it.

It was meant to be a little sarcastic and humorous. :thumbsup:

Cool. Thanks Rich.

Pictures from Rich's post on BCCI Facebook. Guessing this is what the production model will look like.

PZbWWXK.jpg

0fLX8Eh.jpg

this is a stupid question.. but, does that "cruise missle'' thingy fly???!
like if attached to a drone or something ??!
i see possible field expedient "drop" applications already :)

I assume the hook(s) are removable so you can use a sheath. One of the first pictures shows them facing forward instead of back so it must be reversible too.

Cool. Thanks Rich.

Pictures from Rich's post on BCCI Facebook. Guessing this is what the production model will look like. NOPE. This was the Very First hand made by 80 plus year old BOB MacDonald ( Of PHROBIS) prototype! Poor Bob Passed away. Doug Olson of Old PHROBIS companies made the next 3 generations of BuckMaster 2.0...”COMBAT DIVER” knives!

PZbWWXK.jpg

0fLX8Eh.jpg

I assume the hook(s) are removable so you can use a sheath. One of the first pictures shows them facing forward instead of back so it must be reversible too.
VERY observant. YES. It is reversible. First anchor towards your hands to hook The SEALs SDV( SEAL Delivery Vehicle) gear, whatever in needed on to rocks or coral ! This new anchor system can hold 600 lbs. the SEAL written OR( Operational Requirement) Requests 500lbs ( double original of 250lbs). Plus it REVERSEs (anchor towards the blade )if no rock or corral you can FLIP the Utility Anchor Wing in reverse and put the knife into the sand.

I've bit my tongue as long as I can...lol

Hollow handle knives are for movies (thanks Raven). Just not as strong and reliable as a full tang.

Why on earth would an elite warrior even consider taking one of his survival tools and potential last line of defense weapon out of its scabbard, tie a string to it and hook it into a rock outcropping to tether his lunch for later and risk losing that piece of kit???

Right... it's not going to happen. If they're trained to do so, that is mind boggling as well.

Looks like crafty marketing to me.

Perhaps it was discontinued because the Tambo movies ran their course?

My opinion of course, which I'm allowed.
Commander DT Coulter “SEAL” retired did a Fantastic explanation of the history of this COMBAT DIVER starting in 1967 ending on this handmade NEW BuckMaster 2.0...”COMBAT DIVER” hand made by Doug Olson of the old and now way gone PHROBIS companies. The green handle is just delrin and the handle fits a vast array of hands. Everyone who had the opportunity to hold this 4 generation prototype of this 6 year project WAS Super Excited . The Commander explains how this knife works and is a fantastic complement to any SEALs or persons kit! This exact prototype knife WAS in Fact US Navy SEAL tested and PASSed the extremely hard SEAL written OR( Operation Requirement) and then the EVAL(tests). A Pod Cast on “ TALKING LEAD” next week or two will explain this and you can hear this info in your own time. This knife has cool features that have NEVER been on a dive knife. And this NEW series totally complements BUCKs new ”GCK” Ground Combat Knifes which are pretty Bad ass! We have had MANY A Tier US Military Operators come by the Booth and thought this knife was genius and extremely strong. MORE to Come

Last edited:
Just curious...considering all the interest in the original, why not just reissue it?
Just curious...considering all the interest in the original, why not just reissue it?
Because US Navy SEAL motto “MOVING FORWARD”! Here’s why First WEAK clip Tip on BK1 STRONG spearpoint tip on BK2, BK1 saw teeth didn’t work well on different types of wet rope etc, on BK2 the teeth were derived from the 1911 of Dive Knives the MKV and BUCKs fantastic enginers ( Especially JB) cane up with a way to sharpen said teeth. On BK2 we had a hollow handle ( capable of holding TWO old school blasting caps or ONE electronic blasting cap) WoWEVER the Cost to mass produce was EXTREMELY cost prohibitive so maybe a Limited edition later. There is a GREAT tV spot Commander DT Coulter “SEAL” retired and I did for KNIFECENTER.com that we were told that The BuckMaster 2.0...”COMBAT DIVER” was the MOST EXCITING new knife out there. The Commander starts the History 52 years ago in 1967!

Cool. Thanks Rich.

Pictures from Rich's post on BCCI Facebook. Guessing this is what the production model will look like.

PZbWWXK.jpg

0fLX8Eh.jpg

I don't get it. Why would a knife that is primarily designed for underwater use have raker style sawteeth that are designed to cut wood? Those type of teeth can actually weaken the blade when prying, which is obviously one of the tasks this spear point design is good for. It appears there is a small serrated section on the main cutting edge for rope and monofilament line, which makes sense. I guess it can't hurt to have both types of saws, but I don't think of a diver needing to saw wood, but perhaps they do. I'm not a diver, so what do I know. That said, I think it's a cool looking knife.

Tom, SEAL stand for Sea, Air and Land. I would think that if on land they might have to saw wood...firewood, building shelter, spear, etc.

Old 184 in these pictures is all titanium. The new 184 is the 4th generation prototype and this 4th generation prototype is what the production units will be like. But Cera-coated black And a few other little changes.

Attach24151_20200125_132504.jpg Attach24150_20200125_132450.jpg Attach24149_20200125_132400.jpg

"THE BUCK MASTER 2000" HELPING YOUR EVERYDAY SUPER SECRET BLACK OPS COMBAT DIVER SPECIAL FORCES ABOVE, BELOW AND BETWEEN THE TREE LINE..........ALSO AVAILABLE IN STERILE VERSION. Equipped with Bluetooth 5.7.63 to connect to your iphone15 and can be remotely used to dispatch sentrys. (With the downloaded app $5.99):p:D:p:D:D:D
Sorry it's been awhile. Had to make sure you knew it was me.:D:D I missed you guys. Hope all is well.

Back to the knife. This design I'm sure will be a hit. Seems like alot of thought went into it but I do think giving it the buckmaster name might be a little gimmicky cause to me the resemblance is negligible. But looks to be a well built knife.

The new Buckmaster v 2.0 seems way too specialized for me (It is also uglier than the Chinese Frost Cutlery stuff that we all laugh at). At this point I will be looking forward to the Buckmaster 3.0.

n2s

I consider the new BuckMaster to be a very specialized Buck like the Fro..Its not for everyone. I like the old model simply because it looked so bada***..

Am I the only one who keeps checking back on this thread to see if this knife is an early April fool's joke? If not, I'll be anxiously waiting on the 3.0 as well......

Back