Shouldn't every Friday be "Black Friday"

New York Knife Co.
CDkDhjT.jpg

Jose'

I assume (?) you live somewhere in the EU? You keep showing some unique and beautiful knives that we never see on this side of the pond. Thanks and keep it up.
Rich

When I was a kid, I loved reading Greek and Roman mythology from a book that I think my maternal grandmother used when she was in school. Even in college, although I was a math and science guy, I managed to make room for a Classical Mythology course. Because of those strange interests, I'm familiar with some of the vocabulary that has been derived from mythology, like "stygian" from the River Styx, the major river in the Greek (I think) underworld.
Same here Gary, when I was too young to read, my favourite uncle bought me 'Tales of the Greeks & Trojans'. It was an almost constant companion throughout my childhood, and I must have read it a hundred times. As I got older, I read the Greek classics, and studied them for several years at school. The Odyssey is still my favourite book, though I've only read it in English, but I try and read it every few years, as a treat :) :thumbsup:

qkVwFBH.jpg

Same here Gary, when I was too young to read, my favourite uncle bought me 'Tales of the Greeks & Trojans'. It was an almost constant companion throughout my childhood, and I must have read it a hundred times. As I got older, I read the Greek classics, and studied them for several years at school. The Odyssey is still my favourite book, though I've only read it in English, but I try and read it every few years, as a treat :) :thumbsup:
Interesting tale about your experiences with classical tales, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I've read excerpts (in English, of course) of The Iliad and The Odyssey, and abridged versions, but I don't recall ever reading English translations in verse; on my bucket list, I guess. 🤓

My only black knife this week is a trapper from the Marbles Workman series:
workman.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Interesting tale about your experiences with classical tales, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I've read excerpts (in English, of course) of The Iliad and The Odyssey, and abridged versions, but I don't recall ever reading English translations in verse; on my bucket list, I guess. 🤓

My only black knife this week is a trapper from the Marbles Workman series:
View attachment 1646820

- GT
They are such great tales Gary :) I don't recall ever seeing the ruler markings on the blade of that knife before :cool: :thumbsup:

They are such great tales Gary :) I don't recall ever seeing the ruler markings on the blade of that knife before :cool: :thumbsup:
Maybe I never posted a pile-side pic before? I like to think of it as a variation on a "ruler knife." ;)

- GT

Back