Shouldn't every Friday be "Black Friday"

A2A3ACD6-9C24-475A-91CF-BE1E57066E7E_zpsnqgwcgf8.jpg

4609A440-3CFC-4606-B9DE-367B15F709AC_zpsfly0r5tb.jpg

I have several black covered knives, mostly Ebony. These two are a couple of my favorites, a NYKC whittler and a Rodgers sleeveboard.

That is awesome right there! Lost my first knife long ago, received in the early 80’s and lost in the mid 90’s. An SAK of some sort, wish I could remember.
So often on here I see first knives were a scout/camp/SAK pattern.
GT I bet that one has some stories on you!
Thanks, Josh. :) The fact that my first knife was a scout influences a surprisingly large number of my knife preferences even today! Looking at the bent backspring on my Forest-Master, I'll bet it DOES have some stories of times we've shared that I don't necessarily want to hear! :rolleyes:

How about some black knives I've been gifted over time by members legendary for their generosity? (I apologize for any repeat pics from previous posts in this thread, but I'm trying to be "thematic" here. ;))
Buffalo horn GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
rXHOlNq.jpg

Two recent knives from @mrknife , buffalo horn lambsfoot and ebony spearpoint (thanks, Jack):
Gs4SlMy.jpg

Ubu18iR.jpg

A G-10 Marbles scout (thanks, Mike):
xGF8fgr.jpg

A Valox Buck 303 (thanks, Clay):
nENm3H2.jpg

A G-10 Buck 371 (thanks, Randy):
4c35iEX.jpg

A gunboat canoe in "green jigged bone" that looks black to me (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
sozCGlf.jpg

I'm sure I'll have more in a "black gifts continued" post, later today or on another Black Friday!! :thumbsup::cool::)

- GT

Thanks, Josh. :) The fact that my first knife was a scout influences a surprisingly large number of my knife preferences even today! Looking at the bent backspring on my Forest-Master, I'll bet it DOES have some stories of times we've shared that I don't necessarily want to hear! :rolleyes:

How about some black knives I've been gifted over time by members legendary for their generosity? (I apologize for any repeat pics from previous posts in this thread, but I'm trying to be "thematic" here. ;))
rXHOlNq.jpg

Two recent knives from @mrknife , buffalo horn lambsfoot and ebony spearpoint (thanks, Jack):
Gs4SlMy.jpg

Ubu18iR.jpg

xGF8fgr.jpg

nENm3H2.jpg

4c35iEX.jpg

A gunboat canoe in "green jigged bone" that looks black to me (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
sozCGlf.jpg

I'm sure I'll have more in a "black gifts continued" post, later today or on another Black Friday!! :thumbsup::cool::)

- GT
Great knives Gary! Thanks for sharing them with us! Looking forward to part 2!

rXHOlNq.jpg

Gs4SlMy.jpg

Ubu18iR.jpg

xGF8fgr.jpg

nENm3H2.jpg

4c35iEX.jpg

sozCGlf.jpg

- GT

Nice GT... I think we can handle "thematic" over "dramatic" any day on the BF ;)

You've been "Wharned"... Schrade Walden 766 Wharncliffe with glossy black cell, this knife says "I showed up for the wedding, but I'm here for the party." :cool:

766-2.JPG 766-1.JPG

Sorry about the lime green reflection of my phone case in the bolsters... I ordered a new grey one off of Amazon yesterday so I don't poison any more of my knife pics LoL. o_O

-Kevin

Nice GT... I think we can handle "thematic" over "dramatic" any day on the BF ;)
Sounds good to me, Kevin V_P! :thumbsup::)

Bought this from BigBiscuit about a year ago... killer, underrated knife!View attachment 820645
I've heard very good things about that model, Heath. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Yours sure is a looker; blade shape is definitely "killer", and I like the classy black/silver handle. :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lock bar releases well?

You've been "Wharned"... Schrade Walden 766 Wharncliffe with glossy black cell, this knife says "I showed up for the wedding, but I'm here for the party." :cool:

View attachment 820647 View attachment 820648

Sorry about the lime green reflection of my phone case in the bolsters... I ordered a new grey one off of Amazon yesterday so I don't poison any more of my knife pics LoL. o_O

-Kevin
Striking Schrade Walden, sir!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I always forget that Wharncliffe is a pattern/frame as well as a blade shape. :confused::rolleyes:

Great knives Gary! Thanks for sharing them with us! Looking forward to part 2!
I'll add a couple more here, and then hit the rack.
An EC Simmons Keen Kutter with dirty cocobolo covers, and a Kingston cattle knife (thanks, Mark):
yOAWTcK.jpg

OF0QgTP.jpg

A Winchester whose Box is Black for sure, and whose jigged bone is at least very blackish (thanks, Paul):
ZZVqyje.jpg

An Imperial Ireland linerless stockman with black synthetic covers (thanks, Dave):
pGNkDL8.jpg

Higonokami (thanks, Dan):
Q605jVa.jpg

No longer have this Northfield Barlow, but got it in a GAW (thanks, Jake):
zoGY14b.jpg

- GT

Sounds good to me, Kevin V_P! :thumbsup::)

I've heard very good things about that model, Heath. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Yours sure is a looker; blade shape is definitely "killer", and I like the classy black/silver handle. :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lock bar releases well?

- GT

Yep, good lock bar release, no play, nice thin grind, pretty good steel, and as you say,, sweet blade shape. The opening is very cool too! Every time I take it out I wonder why I don't carry it more!

Back