Shouldn't every Friday be "Black Friday"

I'm sure Chuck Connors would join me in praising your resplendent gunstock knives!
Wow there's a reference you don't hear everyday... did you know before becoming the "Rifleman", Chuck Connors played for the Boston Celtics and was the first NBA player to ever shatter one of the glass back boards? He was 6'-6" but he did not break it while dunking... he broke it in the pre-game shootaround when one of his shots landed on the front of the rim. Turns out the maintenance people did not install the rim properly and left out some shims :rolleyes: Additionally, Connors played professional baseball for the Chicago Cubs for a short while batting .238 with 2 HRs and 18 RBI. ;)

Wow there's a reference you don't hear everyday... did you know before becoming the "Rifleman", Chuck Connors played for the Boston Celtics and was the first NBA player to ever shatter one of the glass back boards? He was 6'-6" but he did not break it while dunking... he broke it in the pre-game shootaround when one of his shots landed on the front of the rim. Turns out the maintenance people did not install the rim properly and left out some shims :rolleyes: Additionally, Connors played professional baseball for the Chicago Cubs for a short while batting .238 with 2 HRs and 18 RBI. ;)
Kevin, you're doing some serious catching-up today if you ran across that Rifleman reference from a couple of months ago!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info. I was aware that Connors had played for the Cubs, but I don't remember ever hearing about his NBA experience.

- GT

Kevin, you're doing some serious catching-up today if you ran across that Rifleman reference from a couple of months ago!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info. I was aware that Connors had played for the Cubs, but I don't remember ever hearing about his NBA experience.

- GT
It's been a good day Gary;) Sunny too for a change :thumbsup:

- GT
Here's more for ya. Chuck lived here in Tehachapi and while I did not know him, his wife was a part of a small group of us that use to go to the old feed store almost every morning as they had a coffee pot on the wood stove going. She was English and wanted white widow sills on their house. They lived where a gated community with lots of CCRs grew up around them even though they predated the community by a bit. One of the rules was was no white widow sills. They'd cite her weekly and she would just pay the ticket cause she wanted white widow sills. After he passed and the house was sold I was in it many times as I worked horses for the new owners. They had to completely gut the interior as he had been such a bad smoker. Little local color.

RhnrVFL.jpg
Exceptional shot James!

Love that pic Dwight
Thanks Kevin. Much obliged.

EyewitnessIMG_7600.jpeg

Here's more for ya. Chuck lived here in Tehachapi and while I did not know him, his wife was a part of a small group of us that use to go to the old feed store almost every morning as they had a coffee pot on the wood stove going. She was English and wanted white widow sills on their house. They lived where a gated community with lots of CCRs grew up around them even though they predated the community by a bit. One of the rules was was no white widow sills. They'd cite her weekly and she would just pay the ticket cause she wanted white widow sills. After he passed and the house was sold I was in it many times as I worked horses for the new owners. They had to completely gut the interior as he had been such a bad smoker. Little local color.
Thanks for the story, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Back