Shouldn't every Friday be "Black Friday"

Ebony #66 Calf Roper

mNstfzf.jpg

A 1992 Buck 303 stockman. Notice the full flat grind blades vs. the now common sabre grind blades. I guess that is how Buck used to make them. This one belongs to a 10 year old boy.
GAute2Y.jpg

Last edited:
RALF is looking good, Jeff black mamba black mamba (as are you and your Hawaiian angel)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you're worried about the "points" of my canoe's bolsters causing an awkward or uncomfortable grip, I haven't found that to be the case. It's a big gunboat canoe, 4 5/8" closed, with a stockman-style blade set-up, except spear main instead of clip. So the handle is long enough that I can get a 4-finger grip if I want between the bolsters.
I've never done any hard, prolonged cutting with it, but if I did, I'd be concerned that the file work on the spines of the blades might eventually cause some discomfort in fingers on the closed blades.

- GT

Last edited:
waynorth waynorth Thanks Charlie, it's a bit of a biter;) VERY strong spring and you need to watch yourself closing it:D A tough knife and it's nice that French knives still arrive stamped:cool:

Thanks, GT, knowing it's a big'un does make a difference. Plenty to hang onto, for sure.

Back