1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Show me a beat up Busse

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by jsnell, Apr 20, 2020.

1. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Well, thanks to this thread, I realized that have no idea where my BB13 is.
    <grumbles>
    Guess I know what I'm doing later tonight...

tuica and uGAshooter like this.
  2. uGAshooter

uGAshooter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Been beating on this old beauty lately as well.

FFF1941B-3732-485B-8DA1-888BBEECF544.jpeg

WatermanChris, tuica and sixplymaple like this.
  3. Tony G

Tony G Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    I have been going through that on a daily basis since my recent return to the forum. Today it was one pretty nice BAIII that I knew I had; but had not found and I ended up finding two when I was sure I only had one. Hope you have the same luck :cool:. Next are the SH Badgers that are someplace around here.

bikerector and uGAshooter like this.
  4. Spirch

Spirch

Apr 4, 2012
    my usual video, i will make a new one "soon"

sixplymaple, lmcq784 and uGAshooter like this.
  5. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    Spirch, did you have any commentary or conclusion from that exercise in the first video?

lmcq784 likes this.
  6. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    How do you like the raider? Yours is a stripped blade right? Looks good.

7. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Subbed

WatermanChris likes this.
  8. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    OK - so it was right where I left it...I just missed it the first two times I looked.
    DSC_0009.JPG

One nice thing about the desert sage coating is that it blends in with the steel as it is worn down/off.
    Same knife, angled to catch the sun
    DSC_0010.JPG

9. uGAshooter

uGAshooter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Sounds like you’re on the best treasure hunt, made even better by the fact that you know the treasure is there! Love the pics.

10. Spirch

Spirch

Apr 4, 2012
    I have recorded this video around October 10, 2018 so I will try to go by memory...

the HOGB8 is amazing because it's heavy and wide and it make a nice wedge, it split thing easily. The handle is fantastic, i would put the resC on all of my knife if i could.

the SFNO is ok, it does the job and no wow factor, i keep it close to my wood stove to split into smaller pieces some larger kindling. The handle is not as "fun" as the one on the HOGB8

the 1311 is amazing for the job but i think I still prefer the HOGB8

the BB13 is kind of awkward compared to the other one, too heavy at the tip so I don't think it would be my first choice for battoning

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  11. StoneAndSteel

StoneAndSteel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2019
    My SR101 RMD after a couple of weeks in the field and not being able to keep her dry... she polished up even more beautiful after the scars.

Attached Files:

DPC likes this.
  12. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    It's a hell of a chopper. The added mass from the thick blade really helps with that. I like that the handle scales are pretty rough. Provides some nice grip. I really enjoy the looks of it too. The coffin handle feels very substantial in the hand. You could use it as a hammer too if need be. I did strip it and I buffed it a little with some scotch Brite pads. I also etched the logo. Totally lucked out with how it looked underneath. I highly recommend it.

13. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    True story!!!!:D:D

I'm still slightly bruised!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Let's Drink!:eek:

Jerry

14. Prédateur

Prédateur

Feb 19, 2009
  15. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

16. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb

Sep 26, 2015
    I love the way that coated Busse knives show their use - that BMe2 looks great. Love that model.
    I've got a couple users I'll post some pictures of soon, but I'm excited to go beat on some new additions this summer.

WatermanChris and inkynate like this.
  17. kniferMan

kniferMan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011
    Here's a few well loved users :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Nicely done on those Rodent 6-es.

19. kniferMan

kniferMan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011
    Thank you sir! She's a user along with a few others ;)

[​IMG]

20. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I've got one Rodent 6. Un-modified, and still coated. Such as it is. The coating is worn pretty smooth. I've debated over and over whether I want to strip it, but haven't. Yet.
    I probably will not remove the upper guard on mine. I like the looks with the upper guard. Plus, I've gotten used to it, and it doesn't really hinder usage. For me. I know it does for a lot of people.