Show me your Blackwoods!

shootist16

knife law moderator
Here is my latest Blackwood acquisition:

hd1.jpg

hd2.jpg

It is a neck ninja hd

This knife measures 7 1/2" OAL, with a 3 5/8" blade. The material is 5/32" D2. Features include a hand rubbed finish, tapered/drilled tang, milled thumb serrations, stabilized spalted maple with red spacers, mosaic pins, stainless pins and lanyard hole.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how excellent the fit and finish are on this one.

Just wanted to add that these picures do NOT do this knife justice. It is the perfect size for EDC. Neil does great kydex work as well. I am considering a Kenny Rowe leathere sheath for those dress up occasions. :D

Hey Buddy,glad to see that you got one, there Bad Ass !!!!! and LUCKY me, i got the first one !!! It's one tough little sucker, and carries great for a necker it's size, i carried mine while on shift for 24 hrs. and had no problem's what so ever !! On top of all that Neil is the greatest guy to deal with !! Hope you enjoy it, and yes i did get your e-mail, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner, just got in town from New York and Europe !!

Mario C. AKA-Box27:D

Second all of the above. Neil is a pleasure to do business with, and his workmanship is absolutely first-rate.

I guess I should also thank Mario. For those that don't know the neck ninja hd was Marios' idea. These wouldn't even exist if they werent for him. Good thing he likes tough knives.

He's a great guy to deal with as long as your NOT waiting for a Stellite knife from him:rolleyes:

(He apologizes once AGAIN for the three Stellite knives that are OVERDUE!! Two down, one more to go.)

This is Neils most RARE model:D

Attachments

• bkfolder3.jpg
    bkfolder3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,825
Is that the mythical Blackwood tactical folder I've heard rumours about? The blade, the blade, show us the blade... I don't know, I may pass out. Someone call the paramedics :D

Zzzen_Dog

Thanks Everyone!!

The Neck Ninja HD is already evolving. I just blanked out several with hole patterns for skeletonized handles like my Small Tacs. I'm looking forward to finishing them :)

This is my MUCH delayed, first folder. I call it the "test bed" It has several features that I've been playing with. One is the use of two stop pins. One for both open and closed positions. This allows me to make the blade without the usuall pin clearing NOTCH. It also provides a smooth apearance to the back of the blade when closed. EVERY component on the knife was made by me except the socket screws. I also have a better looking pivot screw to use once I'm done experimenting with the knife!

Specs: 9 1/2" OAL. 4+" blade, 3/16" A2 blade, .100 Ti liners. Ti bolsers, spacers, thumbstuds and pocket clip. The pivot pin is 440C. The pocket clip is milled from 1/8" stock! Handles are black and grey G10.

I'm not sure if this will be a model that is produced. I have others on the drawing board. This was the first attempt using my new mill, lathe and fixturing. There are still quite a few bugs to work out in my folder "program"

Attachments

• bkfolder2.jpg
    bkfolder2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,776
Neil- that is TOO COOL!! Everything about that design flows together. That grind is fantastic. Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing!:D

Neil,

Thanks for the pics... Not too bad!!! Looks like a "fixed blade folder"... nice blade grind...:)

Michael

CONGRATS Neil!! I've been waiting to see pics of your first folder. Your ninja series is FREAKIN' awesome.

All that folder needs is some colorful scale material and a magic knot lanyard :)

come to think of it: get a few....

some of the best stuff in D2 and some of the best Sheath-work.

get one 0- then get many more.

plus Neil is a great guy to work with.

Mr. Blilious,

Thanks!!

What's UP with the post office over there?? My wife just asked me if you ever picked up your knife??

Burke,
This sucker is not all that light with the 3/16" blade ;)

This knife is now my EDC. I want to make sure the clip works in varios thickness pockets. I also want to make sure the lock and pivot work long term also. This knife will probably see some HAWG processing this weekend with any luck!! Remember what the blade looks like in these pictures :rolleyes:

My thougths are to replace the scales at some point with fancy wood or something and re-anodize the frame and bolsters. At that time, I'll put the pretty pivot screw in it and make the entire package a bit dressier. The knife has grip serrations milled in the liners below the pivot. They don't show in the picutures but combined with the thumb grooves on the blade, provide good grip. I may also mill a little finger notch to make the lock bar easier to use. So far it's a functional BIG folder and I'm very happy with it. The .100 Ti makes a NICE sound when it opens too :D

Attachments

• bkfolder4.jpg
    bkfolder4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,605
Will you offer it WITHOUT the ambi thumbstuds? I refuse to buy knives with ambi studs anymore.

Mike

Neil:

I am in love with your folder, thanks for the extra pics. One suggestion from a paranoid - finger choil at the lock area, ala the Emerson Commander. I am terrified of my hands sliding up the blade
:( .

Let me know when you start producing these - I'm certainly interested in picking one of these up, and I'm also looking forward to your melee knife - would love to see some pics of that as well.

As always, an appreciative fan,

Zzzen_Dog

Back