Show me your Blackwoods!

Wow - I don't think I've posted to this thread yet.

My Blackwoods:

blackwood2_front.jpg

blackwood_side.jpg

Oh, and my backwoods - took this pic of the north ridge of Mt. Mansfield on Saturday, right after hiking up and skiing down. Makes Mayo's pic look lame :p

north_ridge.jpg

i just received my First Neil Blackwood Custom Knife last week!
What a Beauty!!! :D
CPM S30V Steel, 5/32" Thick, Heavy Duty Neck Ninja with Stabilized Spalted Maple Burl handle with Dual Lanyard holes for lashing purposes; right now i have a paracord runningthru it so it attaches deftly to the back of my hand behind the knuckles: it "holds on" to me...;) Plus the Mosaic Pin gives it that great Blackwood Touch...
Even pictures (if this works...! ) don't really do it justice, but then, you all KNOW that, right?
Here goes:
9072212-17e4-02000143-.jpg

and ala reverse...
9072213-739a-02770184-.jpg

THANK YOU, NEIL !!! :cool: :) :D
What a wonder this is in the hand; just like an extension of the hand; just like it oughta be...
Just like a Blackwood, as expected: Flawless; Gorgeous; Useful...
in Awe,
Climber Clif ___.-^-._.-^-._.-^-.___
Good Deal: the pics worked! My 300th post; i should figure out how to do these things by now... Ha! :rolleyes:

Then there's this lil' dude....

All together now, "Awwwwwwww"

Thanks Neil! (and Chad!)

Attachments

• btmini2a.jpg
    btmini2a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 525
I don't think Neil's Curr model has made it onto this thread yet so here we go...

curr3.jpg

curr1.jpg

curr2.jpg

curr4.jpg

I'm on the list for a Curr (I think...).

Despite all of my attempts to bribe/con Neil into selling me the one in those pictures... he just won't do it...:mad:...;) :p

Very cool knife :cool:

Jeeez!! From Blackwoods to Backwoods to Toms BACKSIDE!! That thing was winkin' at me :eek: !!!

The first Currs are still in process, the first two should be delivered SOOOOON!!

Hi Clif!!

Derrick,
I've hiked to the top of Tuckermans Ravine and skied down many times. I don't think I could do it now!!

Tom,

I file those thumb grooves on, one at a time:p

Actually, I tilt the head on my mill to 45 degrees and mill them one at a time with a 1/2" dia 6 flute carbide endmill prior to heat treat. They are .062 from peak to peak. Seems just the right size, not to coarse not to fine. This also works really nice in the cobalt alloys. Even doing them one groove at a time, with the carbide cutter it goes fast.

I cannot BELIEVE this thread!!!!!! :)

Neil

Okay, I'll post my Melee here too! Let's keep this thread alive. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to handle a knife by Neil you should know that they are light and extremely fast. The balance on this blade is amazing and you hardly feel it in your hand. It just does what you want. Plus I like having two cutting edges, I use the top for light daily chores and the primary edge for anything above the light end of the spectrum. This knife had great utility and it looks amazing!

-Jeff

melee03.jpg

Is this folder badass or what?

CurrA.jpg

currb.jpg

This Curr prototype is 9" OAL, with a 3 3/4" S30V blade.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Another Blackwood Neck Ninja. Not mine but I thought that I would post it for Neil and keep this thread alive :)

-Jeff

Attachments

• jessennhd.jpg
    jessennhd.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 356
More Blackwoods!

This beast is known as a Lightwave, pretty radical design. Again, not mine.

Attachments

• lw1.jpg
    lw1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 336
A Blackwood Small Tactical with white paper micarta scales. Not mine.

Attachments

• minitac2.jpg
    minitac2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 330
A Neck Ninja variant with slim blade. Not mine.

Attachments

• oddball.jpg
    oddball.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 338
Small Game. Not mine :)

Attachments

• smsmallgame.jpg
    smsmallgame.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 322
Blackwood Spear-Point Fighter. 440C blade, ironwood handle, carbon fiber guard from airboat propeller. I wish it was mine. Enjoy!

spear10.jpg

spear5.jpg

A little birdie said that these were going to be removed from Neil's website soon. Glad I got my order in :)

Attachments

• mokoatant.jpg
    mokoatant.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 297
That Neck Ninja variant would be mine, and it is sweet. Thanks for posting it. This is a great thread.

I'm sittin' here drumming my fingers on the desk, just wishin' I could post sumthin'. But no good just yet. Neil's holding me hostage! I'm drooling viewing all of these fine blades!:cool:

So--the opposite of showing my Blackwoods would be showing my 'White' woods? THAT I have....:D

standard.jpg

Coop

Back