Show me your Blackwoods!

The first Curr that Dennis (shootist16) posted is MINE!

I also have a couple other Blackwoods...

The lightweight and the neck ninja...

Neil is the best...if somewhat forgetful...;)

We all hear these words: "These pics don't do this knife justice!" Well, I'm going to disprove that. This knife is as beautiful in hand as it appears on the screen. Neil and I had fun going over the variations on this, and after the dust settled in his shop, this is the final result. Long ago, I was smitten with his filework, and he didn't let me down at all. Look at the way he did that thinning swedge on the top edge. Nice.

What an outstanding pattern!!!:eek: :D :eek:

He tossed in the sheath as well. Such a guy!!

I'll take some 'show-quality' pics next week (We're going head-to-head with this same knife in the CKD photo contest)and maybe give this thread yet another deserved boost. In the meanwhile.....

orig.jpg

Coop

My incoming Small Hunter Hybrid Patriot Edition. It's got a little more belly than the standard Small Hybrids.

-Jeff

Attachments

• bluehybrid.jpg
    bluehybrid.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 457
Hey NICE knife there Jeff :D

Steve,

Now how did you know that I've been playing around with the Hybrid pattern???? ;) I'm still confused over what I'm doing with these!!:confused:

Pics of a "Patriot Edition" Melee tomorrow!!!!!!!

Neil

Originally posted by Dr.Lathe

Steve,

Now how did you know that I've been playing around with the Hybrid pattern???? ;) I'm still confused over what I'm doing with these!!:confused:

Neil, I spend so much time gawking at pictures of your blades that I could tell just by looking at it!;) That one became the desktop pic on my wife's computer at home last night -- I'm sure she was thrilled this morning.

Coop, that filework is absolutely elegant. It's got just the right balance between simplicity and complexity. I've gotta get myself a Blackwood. :eek:

- Pete

Originally posted by pjenkins00
Coop, that filework is absolutely elegant. It's got just the right balance between simplicity and complexity.
- Pete

Neil by far does the best filework I have seen. I really like it. As a matter of fact I was showing one of my Blackwood's to my brother-in-law when my wife commented that she knew it was an expensive knife because cheap ones don't have that, referring to the filework. It really does add to the looks of the knife.

Here's the sister knife to my hybrid. It's the Patriot Melee in S30V, I don't know who it belongs to but if you own it please feel free to chime in.

-Jeff

Attachments

• patriotmelee.jpg
    patriotmelee.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 298
Originally posted by Nosamk
Back up to the top with my new Melee:

melee1.jpg

and his lil brother:

brothers.jpg

Where did the pics go? I love the looks of Neil's mini melee. Now if we can just get Neil a mini me to help around the shop. ;)

I have a question for you Mr. Blackwood...after looking at all these beautiful pictures, its strikes me that it would be incredibly hard to let go of your knives after all your time in the shop...i guess that goes for all artists who surrender their work for the all-mighty dollar...so do you ever have trouble letting go?? :confused:

~Ben

The Blackwood thread resurfaces :eek:

Nice group shot Keith, Hi Dennis!!!!

Ben,

Yes!! I often make knives that I don't want to let go!! Right now I'm back to carrying a Sebenza because I don't have any of my own to carry!! This past weekend at the Guild Show, I kept trying to "steal" back a Mini Melee I made for Dan Long, my website designer :)

Knowing that many of the knives I make are going to already good customers helps. There enthusiasm, phone calls, forum postings and happy Emails makes it all worth while!!!

Neil

Neil,

I was hoping to finally meet you at the show on Friday, but never found your table... Someone told me you got there later in the afternoon. Hope we can get together some other time.

Leo

Leo,

Neil didn't have a table, he's not a member of the Guild yet. But he did get an application and all the signatures that he needed so he is well on his way. The problem is that I buy all his knives so there wouldn't be any even if he had a table :D

Hopefully he'll have a table in a couple of years.

-Jeff

Jeff,

I think Neil should be there already - though I've yet to handle one of his knives, it's obvious how great they are just from all the pictures I've seen.
Oh, and leave us one or two, will ya? :p

Leo

"Once you go Black you never go Back!" (Royalties go to Novenbre for that one)...
A friend asked me to post this, and I am glad he did.. To those who knows who this knife belongs to 'mum's the word.. (seriously) he is a very timid and private guy, but it would be a crime not to post it.. I get mine next (hurry Neil.. buy now dont delay!!) :D

I want big Blackwood
enough to kill lots bad guy
Neil hurry up you!!
(my Blackwood Maxi Melee haiku)

Attachments

• maxi1.jpg
    maxi1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 78
Back