Show me your Blur!

Ive been a sissy and wont use any of my special blurs. I barely carry my Franken CPM-154 Blur, dont think Ill ever be able to do a real comparison with any of these.

I really wish the SG2 was flat ground, I think the hollow grind is ugly, but strop that SG2 and the arm hair disappears faster than I have ever seen. Gets a scary sharp edge. Wish I kept that one... I could have had TWO!

Any guess what my favorite color is?
_MG_1919_zpsbf0332e4.jpg

Nice Green Collection... I mean, Black DLC Collection.

I like the green smokes except for those damn serrations :D

I really like my smoke but wish it had more green. Might have to buy another if I can find one to hand pick .

I could never make a frankenblur with a non blem but would without question do it to a blem

Id have a hard time doing it to a non blem also. Although the snap-on logo is fugly.

Im not sure if you have seen my frankenblur before... :cool: Made from Blems only... still cost $215 to get this thing set up

Yeah Bob im kinda rethinking my direction when I consider what I have in some of the Blurs and I can get a 0801 for less part of me says WTF were you thinking lol

Yeah Bob im kinda rethinking my direction when I consider what I have in some of the Blurs and I can get a 0801 for less part of me says WTF were you thinking lol

Thats what happened to me twice now. I looked in my safe and thought, "Why are these hidden in a dark steel box, Im not getting any enjoyment from these." Realizing there is 4 digits worth of knives makes one ponder. Of course I have my favorites in the steel box, those are not going anywhere. SG2, ZDP, CPM, S60V blurs are my babies.

Mark, I think JuJu knows what he is talking about :D

Thanks man! Now I have a matching pair!

I could never make a frankenblur with a non blem but would without question do it to a blem
I mostly agree with you. There are some I would have to, like the green smoke, it's just begging for it! A lot of the hard to finds/rarities I don't know if I could though.

I'd have a hard time doing it to a non blem also. Although the snap-on logo is fugly.

Im not sure if you have seen my frankenblur before... :cool: Made from Blems only... still cost $215 to get this thing set up
Snap-on is fugly! I am not that bad into mine, you'd be surprised! The snap-on brown is a work knife now and I have no trouble using the crap out of it!

Edit: I just noticed that the red cf snap-on blade has larger font on the snappy logo than the green cf one does. Weird!

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm the seller that has the Purple Blur on Ebay starting at $750. You guys have been laughing at me and calling me a greedy bastid. The first purple blur sold for $756.51. There were a total of 29 bids. The second highest bidder was $746.51. Yes, I was offered $650 outside of Ebay and PP. Why would I sell a knife for $650 when I can do a second chance offer for $746.51? Even with the fees that's more money.

Everything I've stated in my Ebay ad is the truth. Originally, my wife did want to keep one of the Purple Blurs, and yes, after the first one sold she changed her mind.

I've been unemployed since Oct 2011. I find myself forced to sell my private collection of knives to pay bills. Yes, I want to sell my knives for as much as possible on Ebay. The more I sell them for the more bills I can pay. Believe me, I'd rather keep the knives. If you guys decide to sell your knives, are you going to give them away? Or, are you going to try to get as much as possible out of them?

I hope you guys never find yourselves in the position I'm in - selling your treasured knife collection to pay bills cause your unemployed.

Last edited:
First off I never called you a greedy whatever. Second I will admit ive spent way to much on Blurs. I was saying there was no way I would pay that much for any Blur and I wont. I think where you went wrong was starting the bidding at 750 that just takes the option of whether we want to go crazy or not and takes the whole fun out of it. I feel your pain about the collection and wish you well but I still wont pay that much or even play the game at that price

First off I never called you a greedy whatever. Second I will admit ive spent way to much on Blurs. I was saying there was no way I would pay that much for any Blur and I wont. I think where you went wrong was starting the bidding at 750 that just takes the option of whether we want to go crazy or not and takes the whole fun out of it. I feel your pain about the collection and wish you well but I still wont pay that much or even play the game at that price

Don't want to start anything, but I'm not quite sure that's correct. If that's too high, no one has to start bidding on it. Just let it ride a few listings. if it is too high, the market won't bear the price.

Although who am I to talk? I like the blur, but I have a hard time paying over 2 bills for ANY knife, no matter the maker or rarity.

I hope hadl1195 does well with his sales. At least he's trying to do the right thing, it appears. It isn't like the Blurs he is selling are fake, is it?

I just said how I feel about it . The rest of the world can do whatever they want mine was just an opinion.

nwmetalbug you are correct. I should be more specific. It was poolhustler and OvalmanPA that called me a greedy bastid. I'm not a bad guy here. I've been on both sides of this coin. I've chased unicorns and complained about how much someone wanted for that one item missing from a collection. Everyone must decide for themselves how high they're willing to go for a knife.

Back