Show me your Blur!

nwmetalbug you are correct. I should be more specific. It was poolhustler and OvalmanPA that called me a greedy bastid. I'm not a bad guy here. I've been on both sides of this coin. I've chased unicorns and complained about how much someone wanted for that one item missing from a collection. Everyone must decide for themselves how high they're willing to go for a knife.

Likewise ive played the game pretty well so far and one day will want to get rid of my collection and be on the other side of the fence. Ive passed up a few Blurs I probably shouldnt have just because what I thought was to much turns out wasnt ,my loss but if I wait will probably get another chance at them. The Purples you have/had were the first Ive seen available since I started this madness and it was exciting, even knowing I wouldnt be willing to go what some of these other nuts would lol.
Good luck I mean it . Jay

Tommy,

I thought my offer outside of eBay was fair considering that you wouldn't be paying PP or eBay fees. Apparently I was wrong. I apologize for the "Greedy Bastid" comment as it was out of line. I also wasn't entirely serious otherwise I would have spelled it differently. But you are definitely correct that you have the right to sell your items for as much as you can.

I wish you luck in your sales and in life.

Sincerely,

Russ....

Edited to add: BTW I did mention here that I bid $700 on eBay for the first one that you posted up for sale!!!

nwmetalbug you are correct. I should be more specific. It was poolhustler and OvalmanPA that called me a greedy bastid. I'm not a bad guy here. I've been on both sides of this coin. I've chased unicorns and complained about how much someone wanted for that one item missing from a collection. Everyone must decide for themselves how high they're willing to go for a knife.

I'm with poolhustler on this one. My comment was more of a "tongue in cheek" statement than anything. I apologize if you took it bad. Having seen your comment in bold above however, not knowing the background of your auction listing, seeing the statement in your auction that "the wife wanted to keep this one until she saw how well the other one went", and then starting the auction at almost what the first one sold for, can you blame a guy for not considering that the seller was a bit of a "greedy bastid"? Sorry for the situation you are in but I think I would have thought more seriously about the offer poolhustler made when you stop and think about how many fees you'll be paying to ebay and Paypal on another auction. JMO for the little it's worth.......

Ebay charges 10%, and PP charges 2.9% + .30. With a bid of $746.51, it comes to $649.91 after fees, a difference of 9 cents less. I never said I could go $750 outside Ebay. I said I could make a second chance offer to the second highest bidder on the first auction at $746.51. As a collector and a buyer, I realize a person would rather save $100. As a seller, with everything else being equal, I'd rather go through Ebay and PP. First, you supposedly get some fraud protection for both parties. I understand the merits of that protection could be debated. Second, if someone is disgruntled with me, they could report me to Ebay and I could lose my ability to sell. The same thing could happen to a buyer. A collector could lose the ability to bid on Ebay, at least for a period of time. After all, this is an open forum we're having this discussion on... Enough about fees vs. offers.

Collecting is about chasing something you like. Sometimes it can be frustrating. I took some of the fun out of it by the way I approached the second auction. I realize that. But talking trash about a seller and encouraging others not to bid on an item in a public forum is not cool. I should've just extended the second chance offer. Then no one else would've had a chance to bid on the second one and we wouldn't have this discussion thread.

For what it's worth, I think Poolhustler is right about the origins of the Purple Blurs. I was a knife dealer in 2003. Matthews Cutlery was one of my suppliers. We could only order two from Matthews. The next time we tried to order from them they said they were no longer available. Since we couldn't get any more, those two went right on our collection. I have no idea how many were made. I have no idea what kind of stainless steel the blade is. I assume the same as the other blurs made at the time. Kershaw hadn't started using many exotic blade steels, yet. The knives are not fake.

Now, also like Poolhustler, I'm tired of talking about Purple Blurs. My troubled auction ends in approx 24 hours. I have nothing else to say on the topic.

Annnnndddd guess who decided to put in a bid........... :grumpy:

Damn do I wish I had that kind of $$$ to throw around.

Ok I've got to quit now. I'm beginning to think I'd be better off in a different hobby...... :rolleyes:

Rick just think how great it will be when you do get a chance at one for half that. I keep telling myself I will someday, thats my story and im sticking to it lol

Would I be rude to say I'd really like to see more Blur pictures and less eBay discussion? I'm not trying to be an ass, but really, I would like to see more pictures. I understand the whole eBay thing is exciting, and If that is the way you guys want to continue this thread, that's OK. I can go ahead and unsubscribe. You guys are the hard core Blur fans. I just sub'd to see pics of these good Kershaws.

And back on track. Ignore the Zing, just a tanto pic from a while ago. Edit: I just noticed how blurry this is. Oops

SWEET! Thanks nwmetalbug. THAT is an awesome stash!!!
Please understand, I'm sincerely was not trying to be an ass. I sub'd to the thread because i like the Blur, and liked the idea of seeing a bunch of pictures of them. I only have two, but want a couple more. I'm not a hard core collector, but it is a good design, and I like to see peoples' collections. I respect all your guys' collections, and when you first started the eBay talk, that was cool. But when the talks went sideways with the hard feelins, it ... Well, i was being sincere. If that is the way the thread is gonna go, I got no problem UN-sub'in and going on my way, an no hard feelins or anything. :thumbup:

And back on track. Ignore the Zing, just a tanto pic from a while ago. Edit: I just noticed how blurry this is. Oops

NICE Jim (?). I like the looks of the tantos. Wish KAI did more of them plain edged.

Back